Oven Roasted Cajun Sweet Potato Wedges make an easy and flavorful side dish for your next weeknight meal. Sweet potatoes are drizzled in olive oil, sprinkled in spicy seasoning, then roasted in the oven.
Looking for a healthy side dish to add to your weekly dinner rotation? You’ll love these cajun sweet potato wedges because they’re quick and easy, with only five minutes of prep time.
Plus, sweet potatoes are filled with fiber and potassium, and are said to help keep blood pressure low. And these sweet potato wedges are far from bland or boring – they’re filled with flavor!
Roasting vegetables is one of my favorite ways to make a quick and easy side dish. Take, for example, my Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes recipe. Or, my Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts. You can even make Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob with zero prep.
If you’re having trouble making healthy choices for dinner, roasting is the way to go! Not only is it quick, but it’s easy for even a novice cook to prepare. Plus, you’re adding minimal amounts of olive oil and relying on the spices for flavor.
This way, you’re not adding many extra calories to your vegetables, but they still taste great.
If you don’t have experience working with sweet potatoes, just treat them like a regular potato. Rinse off the skin and scrub if needed to remove any remaining dirt. You can leave the skin on or remove it, your choice.
I like to cut my sweet potatoes once lengthwise, then slice each of those halves into about 4 wedges each. Add your wedges to a bowl, sprinkle with cajun seasoning and olive oil, then toss. Your potatoes are now ready for the oven!
Do you like to roast vegetables? If so, what is your favorite and why?
Oven Roasted Cajun Sweet Potato Wedges
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Rinse and peel sweet potatoes. Slice in half lengthwise, then slice each half into about 4 long wedges.
- In a bowl, add sweet potatoes and seasoning. Drizzle with olive oil, then toss potatoes to coat.
- Roast potatoes in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until potatoes are evenly browned. Flip halfway through with a spatula to ensure even browning.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.