Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes are a simple side dish that’s perfect for your next weeknight meal. These potatoes are crispy, lightly seasoned, and can be customized with your favorite spices.
Oven roasting side dishes is one of the easiest ways to get dinner on the table quickly. Pair these easy oven roasted potatoes with your favorite protein and you’re all set.
These potatoes turn out crispy on the outside and perfectly seasoned to pair easily with chicken, beef, or pork. Plus, they are kid friendly, with no heavy spices or seasonings.
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- olive oil
- garlic powder
That’s it! And if you have a favorite spice blend on hand, like Cajun Seasoning or Italian Seasoning, you can use those too. Simply swap the garlic powder and paprika with your favorite spice blend. If your seasoning includes salt and/or pepper, omit those from the recipe as well.
What type of potatoes can I use?
Yukon gold potatoes are my favorite choice, because they fall right in the middle of the spectrum between waxy and starchy. This means that they’ll hold their shape well when baking, have a moderately crispy crust, and their middles will be creamy and soft.
I also love to roast small red potatoes, as shown in my recipe for Ranch Roasted Potatoes. However, red potatoes will be very soft and tender once baked, and less crisp on the outside.
Russet potatoes can also be roasted, and are a widely popular choice. When roasted, they’ll have a pale, crisp crust and soft interior.
Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes
- 4 small potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Peel and cube potatoes into bite size pieces (about 1" cubes).
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and paprika. Add potatoes and toss or stir to coat. Pour potatoes onto parchment lined baking sheet and spread into a single layer.
- Roast potatoes in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until potatoes are evenly browned and can be easily pierced through with a fork. Flip halfway through with a spatula to ensure even browning.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.