My Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes have become one of my favorite side dishes to prepare because it is a great accompaniment to any protein. These potatoes are crispy, lightly seasoned, and easily customizable with your favorite spices.
Almost every day, I come home tired and unmotivated to make the amazing dinner I envisioned that morning. Does this happen to anyone else?
I love using the oven to make dinner. With a little prep, pop your food in the oven and move on to something else.
Not having to loom over pots and pans on the stove – that extra time is precious! Gotta love a recipe where the oven does most of the work.
This recipe can’t be easier. All you need are a few potatoes, some olive oil, and spices. That’s it. Your potatoes need a lot less oil than you think.
Therefore, you can be very light handed with it. The potatoes are already a little wet, so the spices don’t need much to stick. The oil will mostly help your potatoes crisp up in the oven.
Plus, they’re not heavy or greasy. So, in just a few minutes you’ll have a warm and filling homemade side dish on the table. Love roasted potatoes? Try my Cajun Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges.
This recipe is easy to alter, so you can try your favorite spices! I intentionally kept this simple because garlic and paprika are great flavors to pair with just about any dish. Plus, it satisfies even the pickiest eaters.
Next time, I think I might try tossing them in my Homemade Spicy Taco Seasoning to mix things up.
Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes
- 4 small potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Peel and cube potatoes into bite size pieces (about 1" cubes).
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and paprika. Add potatoes and toss or stir to coat. Pour potatoes onto parchment lined baking sheet and spread into a single layer.
- Roast potatoes in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until potatoes are evenly browned. Flip halfway through with a spatula to ensure even browning.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.