Ranch Roasted Potatoes are the perfect side dish for your next weeknight meal. Oven roasted red potatoes are coated in olive oil and tossed in a tangy ranch seasoning.
These ranch roasted potatoes are one of my favorite side dishes to make on a busy weeknight. They pair perfectly with main dishes like cheeseburgers, steaks, and grilled chicken.
The best part about this recipe is you only need three ingredients to make these hearty and flavorful oven roasted potatoes.
It's great to have on hand for quick and easy dinners. I love to use ranch seasoning in my Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta - one of my favorite comfort food meals!
Ingredients and substitutions
For this recipe, you'll need small red potatoes, olive oil, and ranch seasoning.
Your ranch seasoning can be homemade or purchased. Try my recipe for ranch seasoning to make your own.
If you don't have red potatoes on hand, any potatoes sliced into cubes will work. If you prefer, you can also remove the potato skins.
What is ranch seasoning?
Not familiar with ranch? Ranch dressing is a popular salad dressing in the united states. The main flavors of ranch include dill, garlic, and onion. The flavor is tangy and fresh, from herbs like parsley and dill.
To make ranch dressing, these herbs and spices are added to a blend of buttermilk and sometimes mayonnaise or sour cream, to create a dressing for salads.
What to serve with potatoes
Oven roasted potatoes are an easy side dish to pair with just about any main course. This recipe can also be doubled or tripled for a big family meal or the holidays.
- Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Skillet Flank Steak with Garlic Butter
- Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Chicken
- Cheesesteak Style Sloppy Joes
- Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
Ranch Roasted Potatoes
- 1 ¾ pounds red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Slice potatoes into halves or quarters (depending on size), about 1" pieces.
- Add potatoes to a bowl. Top with olive oil and ranch seasoning and toss to evenly coat potatoes. Pour potatoes out onto prepared baking sheet and spread into a single layer.
- Roast potatoes in the oven for about 30 to 40 minutes, or until potatoes are evenly browned and can easily be pierced through with a fork. Flip halfway through with a spatula to ensure even browning.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- Red potatoes can be substituted with any potatoes you have on hand. I recommend yukon gold potatoes for roasting.