Serve an ice cold, patriotic Fourth of July Cocktail at your next picnic or barbecue. With a blend of citrus and peach flavors, this easy to make cocktail will become a year round favorite.
You're going to love my recipe for this Fourth of July Cocktail because it's fruity, flavorful, and easy to make! Plus, it's refreshing and light - perfect for enjoying on a hot summer day.
While you fire up the grill and pull the pasta salad out of the refrigerator, don't forget to mix up a drink, too.
This Fourth of July cocktail is made with a few simple ingredients: clear rum, blue curacao, peach schnapps, and club soda. Perfect for your next summer celebration, barbecue, or July 4th party!
Blue curacao is where you'll get your bright blue color in this recipe, so it's a must if you're looking for a blue cocktail. Plus, it's inexpensive and easy to keep on hand for making more fun cocktails in the future.
I've been able to find it at any local liquor store near the schnapps and other flavored liquors.
Club soda substitutions
I am all about a cool and refreshing cocktail in the summer months. I chose to use club soda in this recipe to keep the calories low and the drink light and refreshing.
If you prefer, you can use sprite instead. Keep in mind, this will make your drink sweeter and higher in calories.
If you don't have cherries on hand, try adding an orange or peach slice instead.
Or, rim the glass with red or white sugar.
What to serve with summer cocktails
Wonding what to serve at your July 4th celebration? Here are a few of my favorite snacks and appetizers, from chex mix to ranch dip:
- Spicy Garlic Chex Mix
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Spicy Cajun Deviled Eggs
- Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
- Bacon Deviled Egg Salad
- BLT Dip
Fourth of July Cocktail
- 1 ounce blue curacao
- 1 ounce peach schnapps
- 1 ounce clear rum
- 3-4 ounces club soda
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Fill a highball glass with ice. Add blue curacao, peach schnapps, and clear rum. Top with club soda and stir to combine.
- Top with a cherry. Enjoy.
- Optionally, club soda can be substituted with clear soda (like Sprite) instead. Keep in mind, this will make your drink sweeter and higher in calories.
- Cherry can be substituted with an orange slice or peach slice. Or, remove the stem and slice your cherry halfway through. Then, add to the rim instead of floating on the ice.