You’ll love this creamy and sweet Pineapple Rum Slush. It’s refreshing, smooth, and only takes 3 ingredients to make.
It’s 5 o’clock somewhere, right? This Pineapple Rum Slush recipe kicks off my Summer Happy Hour drink series. I will be posting a new drink recipe weekly throughout the summer, focusing on using fresh fruits and juices.
I can’t wait to share them all with you!
I am a big fan of pineapple. Have you ever had dole whip? It’s a soft serve pineapple ice cream that you can find at Disney World, among other places. If you like dole whip, you’ll be a fan of my Pineapple Rum Slush.
It’s similar, but not quite the same creamy texture. Still, I am in love with this drink. It’s so easy, I think it will be my go-to recipe for the rest of summer.
This drink is super easy to whip up in the blender. You don’t need an expensive, high-end blender either. I have an Oster 12-speed blender (affiliate link*) that I’ve had for years, and it mixed up this drink beautifully.
Plus, it’s so easy to grab literally three ingredients at the store (two if you already have some rum at home!) and you’re set.
For this recipe, I bought a 16 ounce bag of Dole Pineapple Chunks in the freezer aisle, which makes two drinks exactly. If you can’t find frozen pineapple, you can prep your own the day before.
Slice your pineapple into chunks and spread onto a parchment/wax paper lined cookie sheet. Freeze for a few hours or overnight, then store them in a freezer bag until ready to use.
Pineapple Rum Slush
- 3 cups pineapple cubed and frozen
- 3/4 cup coconut water
- 3 ounces rum *
- (Optional) Set aside two pineapple cubes to use as a garnish, slicing them halfway through and placing on the glass rim (see photos).
- Pour the coconut water and rum into a blender. Add pineapple cubes and cover. Blend until mixture is smooth and no chunks remain. If mixture is too thick or difficult to blend, add 1/4 cup of coconut water.
- Taste and add more rum as desired.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy.