Frosé, or frozen rosé, is a fruity, three ingredient slushy cocktail recipe. All you need is a bag of frozen strawberries, wine, ice, and a blender to make this sweet summer drink.
The drink of summer is definitely the fruit and wine slushy. It's cool and refreshing, and easy to whip up for a crowd.
Frosé can be made with practically any frozen fruit (like mixed berries, peaches, or mango), but today we're using frozen strawberries.
You will love this recipe because it is simple and only requires three ingredients. Plus, it's ready in just 5 minutes, so you'll be sipping on frozen strawberry rosé in no time!
Serve frosé for a special occasion like Valentine's Day, or while sitting poolside in the summer.
Ingredients and substitutions
To make frosé, you'll need:
- One 750 ml bottle of rosé (or any favorite wine)
- Frozen strawberries
If you can't find frozen sliced strawberries, try using other frozen fruits like mixed berries, peaches, or mangoes.
Using fresh strawberries
If you can't find frozen strawberries, fresh strawberries will work, but they'll need to be frozen beforehand.
Clean and slice your strawberries (halves or quarters are fine), then spread into a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze for two hours, then store them in a freezer bag until ready to use.
Which wine is best?
For this recipe, I used an inexpensive bottle of rosé. With delicate notes of strawberries, raspberries, and watermelon, I thought it would be a great fit for a strawberry slushy.
If you have a personal favorite wine - use it. It's important that you choose a wine that you enjoy on its own. If you don't like the flavor of a particular wine, chances are you won't enjoy a slushy made with it, either.
If you don't want to use a rosé, white wine is a great substitute. Moscato, riesling, or pinot grigio are all great choices.
Can I freeze leftovers?
Have extra frosé and not sure what to do with it? Frozen rosé can be poured into ice cube trays, frozen, and then stored in a freezer safe container until ready to serve. Then, blend your ice cubes together in a blender to serve again.
Frosé (Frozen rosé)
- 16 ounces strawberries, frozen
- 1 ½ cups ice
- 1 bottle Rosé, or your favorite wine
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Don't fill your blender more than halfway full - make two batches if needed.
- Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
- This recipe will make four large drinks (as shown in the photos) or six smaller sized drinks for sharing.
- To use fresh strawberries: clean and slice your strawberries (halves or quarters are fine), then spread in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze for two hours, then store in a freezer bag until ready to use.
- Frozen strawberries can be substituted with frozen peaches, frozen mixed berries, or frozen mangoes.
- Rosé can be substituted with white wine if desired.
Leave a Reply