Fireball orange sweet tea is a blend of sweet tea, orange juice, and fireball whisky. Drinks with fireball are perfect any time of year - they're refreshing in the summer and have a cozy kick for fall.
Don't know what to mix with that bottle of Fireball whisky? Look no further. You're going to love this recipe for fireball orange sweet tea! It's perfectly sweetened, refreshing, and has a kick of spice from the addition of Fireball whisky.
Serve this cocktail over ice with an orange wedge - it's refreshing and light during those hot summer months, and has a nice kick of warmth that's perfect for fall.
Looking for more Fireball cocktail recipes? Try my apple pie cocktail - it's made with apple cider and tastes just like a slice of apple pie!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Fireball whisky - Adds spiced cinnamon flavor to the cocktail. Fireball brand whisky can be substituted with any brand of cinnamon whisky.
- Orange juice - I recommend freshly squeezed orange juice for best flavor, but bottled orange juice will also work.
- Sweet tea - Freshly brewed sweet tea adds the best flavor. Unsweet tea also works in this recipe if you'd prefer a less sweet cocktail.
Tips and tricks
Garnishes - Add optional garnishes like an orange slice (as shown in the photos), an orange peel, a cinnamon stick, a maraschino cherry, or a turbinado sugar rim.
Frequently asked questions
I've made this recipe with both sweet and unsweet tea. Both work - it just depends on whether you like a sweet or less-sweet cocktail. The orange juice naturally sweetens the cocktail, so you may not need the extra sweetness from the sweet tea.
No, this recipe can be stirred together in a highball glass with some ice.
I'd recommend using a highball glass for this recipe. A highball glass is typically used when a cocktail contains a large amount of non-alcoholic mixer that's poured over ice.
Fireball Orange Sweet Tea
- 4-5 ounces tea, sweet or unsweet
- 2 ounces orange juice
- 1.5 ounces fireball whisky
- Fill a tall glass with ice. Add tea, orange juice, and fireball whisky. Stir to combine. Optionally, shake in a cocktail shaker and pour over ice.
- Garnish with an orange slice and serve immediately.
- Sweet or unsweet tea can be used in this recipe, based on your personal preferences. Using unsweet tea will lower the calories and sugar.
- If using fresh oranges, one orange contains about 2 ounces of juice. Plan to use one orange for every drink made, plus extra for garnish.