These Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookie Dippers are the perfect companion for a warm cup of coffee or cold glass of milk. They are buttery, filled with mini chocolate chips, and the perfect shape for dipping. Plus, you need only 5 ingredients for this quick and easy cookie recipe.
Shortbread cookies are one of my favorite easy-to-make cookie recipes. Why? They usually only require 3-5 ingredients, no leavening agents, and no eggs. What’s not to love?
Plus, they pair perfectly with coffee, tea, or even a cold glass of milk. These Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookie Dippers are ready to dunk into your favorite beverage, or enjoy on the side.
One important note about shortbread cookies. The dough must be chilled before going into the oven. If the butter gets too warm, the cookies will spread on your baking sheet.
I use this time to clean up the kitchen and take a break. No one wants to spend hours on end in the kitchen! This way, you break up that time into small segments and it’s much more manageable.
Feel free to slice your cookies into squares, rectangles, or any shape of cookie cutter you have on hand. Shortbread cookies are flexible like that – yet another reason to love them.
Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookie Dippers
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, sift (or whisk) together flour and salt. Add dry ingredients* to butter mixture and mix until a dough forms. Dough should easily roll into a ball, but not sticky, and not crumbly. Add chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Shape dough into a disc and wrap in wax paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Dust counter top and rolling pin with flour, roll dough to 1/4" thickness. Cut off rounded edges, leaving you with a large square or rectangle. Slice dough into long rectangles, about 1 inch by 4 inches. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until cookies begin to lightly brown around edges. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before removing from sheet to cool completely.