Strawberry cheesecake dip is a creamy, no-bake appetizer with all the flavors of cheesecake - in a fraction of the time! A fluffy, whipped cream cheese filling is topped with strawberry jam and served with graham crackers.
Cheesecake, as an appetizer? Sign me up! You're going to love this strawberry cheesecake dip because it satisfies all your cheesecake cravings, without the need to turn on the oven. This dip is ready in less than 10 minutes!
Cheesecake dip starts with a sweetened cream cheese base, mixed with a fluffy homemade whipped cream. Topping this cheesecake dip is a sweet strawberry topping - you can use jam, homemade strawberry topping, or ice cream topping.
Serve this dip with a sleeve of graham crackers, vanilla wafers, pretzels, or apple slices. It's perfect for sharing with your sweetheart on Valentine's Day, or serving at a summer picnic on the Fourth of July.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Cream cheese - Block-style cream cheese is a must for this recipe. It serves as the base and adds that cheesecake flavor. I've only tried this recipe with full fat cream cheese, so I can't say whether lower fat versions would work or not.
- Confectioner's sugar - Necessary to sweeten the cheesecake base. Confectioner's sugar is fine and doesn't add a noticeable texture like granulated sugar would.
- Vanilla extract - Adds flavor to the dip.
- Heavy cream - Necessary to whip into whipped cream. Other dairy products, like half & half or milk, will not work because they do not contain enough fat to whip into whipped cream.
- Jam - Strawberry jam can be homemade or store bought, and can be substituted with any type of strawberry topping, like ice cream topping or homemade strawberry topping. Try your favorite flavor of jam, like raspberry jam, peach jam, or blackberry jam.
- Graham crackers - Vanilla wafers, apple slices, or pretzels also work as an alternative for dipping.
Tips and tricks
- Soften the cream cheese - Soft cream cheese mixes smoothly and easily with the other ingredients. Set it on the counter an hour before beginning.
- Use a hand mixer - The cream cheese must be beaten until smooth and creamy along with the other ingredients. You'll also need to whip the heavy cream in a separate bowl using a whisk attachment. I don't recommend preparing this dip by hand as you won't be able to recreate the fluffy, smooth consistency.
- Fold gently - Using gentle, sweeping motions, fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture to avoid deflating the whipped cream.
- Thick jam? - If your jam is very thick, microwave it in 10 second bursts until thin enough to pour. Take care not to microwave it until hot, as a hot topping will melt the cream cheese base.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, cheesecake dip can be made up to 2 days ahead of time and stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Leftover cheesecake dip will keep for 3 to 4 days in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.
No, I do not recommend freezing cheesecake dip. Dairy products can separate when frozen and thawed.
I like to serve strawberry cheesecake dip with graham crackers. Other great options include teddy grahams, vanilla wafers, apple slices, pretzels, and shortbread cookies.
Strawberry Cheesecake Dip
- 8 ounces (227 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (113 g) confectioner's sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (113 g) heavy cream
- ¼ cup (85 g) strawberry jam
- In a bowl, add softened cream cheese, confectioner's sugar, and vanilla extract. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, mix until fully combined and incorporated. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add heavy cream. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer with a whisk attachment, whip for about 2-3 minutes to medium peaks.
- Gently fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until fully incorporated. Spread cheesecake dip into a wide, shallow bowl and top with strawberry jam. Use a knife to swirl jam into dip.
- Serve immediately with graham crackers, or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Strawberry jam can be substituted with strawberry ice cream topping, homemade strawberry topping, or any flavor of jam, like raspberry, peach, or blackberry.
- Serve with graham crackers, pretzels, apple slices, or vanilla wafer cookies.
- Cheesecake dip will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.