Fall is just around the corner, and soon there will be bonfires, camping, and of course – s’mores. For me, once I start breaking out the s’more ingredients, I know summer is on its way out! This recipe is a crowd favorite. You’ll love it because it only requires 4 ingredients and 15 minutes of your time. My White Chocolate Golden Grahams S’mores bark is sweet, crunchy, and insanely addictive. You’ll want to make it for parties, Halloween, or as a tailgating treat.
I like to use Golden Grahams cereal for this recipe. It has a sweet cinnamon flavor and brings a crunchy element to the bark. I am pretty sure this is the ‘magic’ ingredient that brings it all together. If you can’t find Golden Grahams or don’t want to use them, you are welcome to substitute this with regular graham crackers. If it were me, I would try to find cinnamon graham crackers to amp up the flavor even more.
I have a few tips to make this bark a success:
– Make sure there are a lot of golden grahams covering the entire bark. This is the best part, and you will likely need to sprinkle on more than you think.
– Work fast once you lay your chocolate layer down, because it will begin to harden after a few minutes. Make sure you have your toppings measured out ahead of time so that they are ready to go.
– After adding each topping, tap your baking sheet on the counter so everything sinks into the chocolate. If your toppings are just sitting on top, they will come off easily when you’re breaking the bark into pieces.
You’ll want to break out the S’mores Bark for every event this fall. I make it for Halloween because it gets requested every year. It also makes a great football day snack! Take a bag with you to the game, or fill a bowl and pass it around in front of the tv at home.
- 12 ounces white chocolate melting wafers
- 4 ounces milk chocolate melting wafers
- 1 and 1/2 cups golden grahams cereal
- 1/2 cup mallow bits or mini marshmallows
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a glass bowl, microwave white chocolate melting wafers in 30 second increments, stirring until melted. Alternatively, melt using a double boiler on the stove top.
Pour melted white chocolate onto parchment paper. Using a spatula, spread into a thin, even layer. Your chocolate should be about 1/4" thick with no holes. This will make approximately a 10-12 inch oval.
Quickly sprinkle on your golden grahams cereal, making sure that every part of the chocolate is covered. Then add your mallow bits (or mini marshmallows) in any remaining spaces. Tap baking sheet lightly on the counter to help your toppings sink into the melted chocolate. Working quickly here will ensure that your chocolate doesn't harden before your toppings are added.
In a glass bowl, microwave milk chocolate melting wafers in 30 second increments, stirring until melted. Alternatively, melt using a double boiler on the stove top.
Using a spoon or fork, gently dip into the melted chocolate and drizzle it across the bark. Try to create a thin, even layer. This will also help to better secure your golden grahams and marshmallows.
Place cookie sheet into refrigerator to harden, about 10-15 minutes. Break into pieces and store in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.