Peanut Butter Banana Candy Bark, also known as “Elvis Bark”, is made with just three ingredients. Peanut butter flavored white chocolate is filled with sweet and crunchy banana chips, then topped with a drizzle of white chocolate.
This Peanut Butter Banana Candy Bark takes 20 minutes or less to make. Plus, you’ll only need three ingredients. Can’t get any better than that!
White chocolate melting wafers are mixed with creamy peanut butter to make the base of this rich, decadent candy. Banana chips are mixed in, then spread thin to create the bark. Last, you’ll drizzle some white chocolate on top as a finishing touch.
Know someone who loves bananas and peanut butter? This just may be their new favorite candy.
For this recipe, you’ll need only three ingredients.
- White chocolate melting wafers
- Banana chips
- Creamy peanut butter
Banana chips could be substituted with other dried fruits, if desired. You could also omit the bananas and use chopped peanuts or pretzels instead.
I like to use melting wafers because they’re easy to work with when making homemade candy. If shopping in store, I like to use Ghirardelli brand melting wafers. If shopping online, I’ll go for Merckens brand melting wafers.
Melting wafers are a better choice than baking chips because they’re made for melting, and are generally easier to use when making candy. When your candy solidifies, it will have a shiny appearance. When your bark is broken, it will snap like a candy bar.
Chocolate chips can be used in this recipe, but won’t have the shiny candy appearance like melting wafers. Your bark also won’t be as hard or have the candy bar ‘snap.’
Melting your chocolate
For candy recipes, you’ll need to melt down your chocolate wafers. You can do this several ways – the microwave will be the quickest method.
However, the microwave can easily overheat your chocolate and cause it to become grainy and scorched. To prevent this, you want to microwave your chocolate in 30 second increments and stir until the chocolate has fully melted.
However, you are welcome to use the double boiler method on the stove top if this is what you prefer. It’s generally more consistent and reliable overall.
Peanut Butter Banana Candy Bark
- 14 ounces white chocolate melting wafers separated
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup banana chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a glass bowl, add 12 ounces of melting wafers and peanut butter. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring until melted. Alternatively, melt using a double boiler on the stove top.
- Add banana chips, stirring to coat.
- Pour mixture onto parchment paper. Using a spatula, spread chocolate mixture into a thin, even layer. Your bark should be about 1/4" thick and make about a 10 to 12 inch circle with no holes.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add remaining 2 ounces of melting wafers and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate is just melted.
- Transfer to a plastic bag (or a decorating bottle). Cut a small corner from the bag and drizzle bark with white chocolate. Optionally, add a few banana chips on top for visual appeal.
- Place cookie sheet into refrigerator to harden, about 10 minutes. Break into pieces and store in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.