Only three ingredients are needed to make this easy and addictive Peanut Butter Banana Candy Bark, also known as “Elvis Bark”. Peanut butter white chocolate is filled with sweet and crunchy banana chips, then topped with a drizzle of white chocolate. Ready in only 20 minutes.
Chocolate bark is one of my all-time favorite desserts to make for a crowd, especially on short notice. Take for example my Dark Chocolate Pecan Toffee Bark or White Chocolate Golden Grahams S’mores Bark recipes. This Peanut Butter Banana Candy Bark takes 20 minutes or less to make. Plus, you’ll only need three ingredients. Can’t get any better than that!
I like to affectionately call this candy “Elvis Bark” due to Elvis’s love of peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Peanut butter and bananas are a good pairing. So are peanut butter and chocolate (probably my favorite pairing of all time!). Mix all three together and you have a trifecta of goodness in this bark recipe.
For candy recipes, you’ll need to melt down your chocolate wafers. You can do this several ways – I prefer to use the microwave. For me, this saves time and dirties less pans overall. However, the microwave can easily overheat your chocolate and cause it to become grainy and scorched. To prevent this, you want to microwave your chocolate in 30 second increments and stir until the chocolate has fully melted.
However, you are welcome to use the double boiler method on the stove top if this is what you prefer. It’s generally more consistent and reliable overall.
Peanut Butter Banana Candy Bark
- 14 ounces white chocolate melting wafers separated
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup banana chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a glass bowl, add 12 ounces of melting wafers and peanut butter. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring until melted. Alternatively, melt using a double boiler on the stove top.
- Add banana chips, stirring to coat.
- Pour mixture onto parchment paper. Using a spatula, spread chocolate mixture into a thin, even layer. Your bark should be about 1/4" thick and make about a 10 to 12 inch circle with no holes.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add remaining 2 ounces of melting wafers and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate is just melted.
- Transfer to a plastic bag (or a decorating bottle). Cut a small corner from the bag and drizzle bark with white chocolate. Optionally, add a few banana chips on top for visual appeal.
- Place cookie sheet into refrigerator to harden, about 10 minutes. Break into pieces and store in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.