The Grinch Cocktail is an easy holiday cocktail to serve up at your next Christmas party. With fruity flavors like melon, lemon-lime, and cherry, this cocktail is flavorful and eye-catching.
Whether you’re a grinch or not, I think you’ll love my newest cocktail creation. The Grinch cocktail is a light and fruity alcoholic beverage that’s perfect for the holidays.
Midori, a melon liqueur, gives this cocktail its green, grinchy color. The cherry on top represents the grinch’s heart before it grew three sizes that day.
Don’t reach for jumbo maraschino cherries here – the standard size is perfectly small enough.
Rum Alternatives in The Grinch Cocktail
I’ve tested this recipe with rum, vodka, and triple sec, and all three are great options.
I’d suggest that if you enjoy fruity cocktails, you may prefer the taste of triple sec in your grinch cocktail. Triple sec is orange liqueur, and will add a light citrus flavor to your holiday cocktail.
Triple sec is especially nice for those who do not like tasting the alcohol in your cocktail.
Never had Midori before? Midori is a melon liqueur. It is sweet with a light melon flavor. It’s not overpowering or strong, which makes it a great mixer for festive drinks like this holiday cocktail.
You can find this in your local liquor store near the schnapps or other flavored liqueurs. It should be easy to find with its bright green color.
Low Calorie Grinch Cocktail
Looking to lighten up this recipe?
Try using lemon lime club soda instead of regular soda. Midori is sweet enough on its own that you can replace the soda if desired.
More Easy Holiday Cocktails
- Cranberry Prosecco Punch – great for Christmas and New Year’s Eve
- Slow Cooker Mulled Wine – served hot!
- Ginger Orange Spice Cocktail
- Hot Toddy
- Fireball Orange Sweet Tea
- Pomegranate Moscow Mule
The Grinch Cocktail
- 2 ounces midori liqueur
- 1 ounce clear rum or triple sec*
- 4 ounces lemon lime soda
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Fill a lowball glass with ice. Add midori liqueur and rum. Top with lemon lime soda, stir to combine. Top with a maraschino cherry and enjoy.
- Lighter version: replace the lemon lime soda with lemon lime club soda instead.
- *Triple sec can also be used in place of the rum, if you'd like a fruitier tasting drink, or dislike the taste of rum.