Frozen Grasshopper is a mint chocolate flavored alcoholic drink. This frozen dessert beverage is made with just four ingredients and a blender – perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, hot summer days, or anytime your sweet tooth strikes.
Frozen alcoholic drinks are a summertime favorite. This frozen grasshopper is also perfect for Christmas and St. Patrick’s Day, with its minty flavor and green tint.
A classic grasshopper cocktail is made with creme de menthe (mint) and creme de cacao (chocolate) liquors, as well as cream. This frozen version includes vanilla ice cream, with an optional splash of milk.
It’s basically like a grown up milkshake! If you like mint chocolate chip ice cream, I think you’ll love this frozen cocktail. Looking for a non-alcoholic version? See my notes in the recipe card.
For this recipe, you’ll need chocolate syrup (optional), creme de menthe liquor, creme de cacao liquor, and vanilla ice cream. You may also need a splash of milk, depending on the thickness of your blended beverage.
How to make a frozen grasshopper
This recipe is incredibly easy to make – all you need to do is add your liquors and ice cream to a blender, then blend until smooth. At this point, if your drink is too thick to pour, add in up to 1/4 cup of milk and blend until desired consistency is reached.
If you’d like to decorate your glass with chocolate syrup, do so before pouring your drink. Simply swirl some chocolate syrup onto the insides of your glass. Chocolate sprinkles and mint leaves also make a great garnish.
More Frozen Drinks
- Pineapple Rum Slush – most popular drink recipe!
- Ginger Peach Vodka Slush
- Strawberry Rosé Slush
- Frozen Mudslide
- 1.5 ounces creme de menthe
- 1.5 ounces creme de cacao
- 16 ounces vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup milk optional
- 1 teaspoon chocolate syrup as a garnish
- In a blender, add creme de menthe, creme de cacao, and vanilla ice cream. Blend until smooth. Check consistency and add milk as needed for desired consistency.
- Swirl chocolate syrup on the insides of a highball glass. Pour grasshopper into glass and serve immediately.
- This recipe contains alcohol and is not suitable for those under the legal drinking age.
- For a lower calorie beverage, substitute vanilla ice cream with vanilla frozen yogurt. Or, use half ice cream and half ice cubes to make a slushy drink.
- For a non-alcoholic, kid-friendly version - omit the creme de menthe and creme de cacao. Add 1/2 teaspoon of mint extract and a few drops of green food coloring. The full 1/4 cup of milk will be needed to thin your milkshake.