What's better than mimosas at brunch? How about a festive Grinch mimosa for the holiday season! Made with champagne, orange juice, and a splash of blue curacao for a perfectly grinchy green hue.
I've you've loved my Grinch cocktail in the past, you'll need to try this Grinch mimosa next. These mimosas are refreshing and light - perfect for Christmas morning breakfast or brunch.
Make a batch of Grinch mimosas with just three ingredients - a bottle of dry champagne, orange juice, and blue curacao liqueur. Blue curacao is orange flavored, making it the perfect addition to a classic orange juice mimosa.
These green mimosas can easily be customized for other holidays like St. Patrick's Day or Halloween (think witches brew mimosa!). Swap out the strawberry garnish with an orange slice, lime wedge, or sugared rim in any color to match the season.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Champagne - A dry champagne works best for mimosas. Since we're mixing it with other ingredients, you can get away with using an inexpensive champagne here. No need to spring for a pricey bottle (unless you want to!).
- Blue curacao - Blue curacao is a citrus flavored liqueur that's tinted with blue. This is what creates the green hue of our mimosas (when mixed with orange juice).
- Orange juice - Any citrus juice works when making mimosas. Orange juice is the classic choice. Mango juice, pineapple juice, and pear juice would all make decent substitutes as far as color goes. Keep in mind that you'll want a yellow/pale orange juice to mix with blue to make a green Christmas mimosa.
- Strawberry garnish - Like in my Grinch punch (non-alcoholic) recipe, we again shaped strawberry slices into hearts for a garnish. A red sugar rim or a maraschino cherry are other great options.
How to make a Grinch mimosa
To make a Grinch mimosa, gather your ingredients and glassware. This recipe makes up to eight mimosas when using 8 ounce champagne flutes. If you'd like to add a sugared rim to your champagne flutes, do so before pouring your drinks.
- First, add 3 ounces of orange juice to each champagne flute.
- Next, add ½ an ounce of blue curacao to each glass.
- Last, top each glass with champagne.
- Optionally, add your strawberry garnishes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
How much alcohol is in a glass of mimosa?
For this Grinch mimosa recipe, each glass contains about ½ an ounce of blue curacao and 3 ounces of champagne.
- Strawberry slices shaped into hearts
- Maraschino cherries
- Red sanding sugar rim (Amazon)
- Blood orange slice
- Red glitter swizzle sticks (Amazon)
- 750 ml bottle of Champagne chilled
- 4 ounces blue curacao
- 24 ounces orange juice chilled
- 4 strawberries sliced
- Pour 3 ounces of orange juice into each champagne glass (or, slightly less than half full). Add ½ an ounce of blue curacao into each glass. Top each glass with champagne.
- Garnish each glass with a strawberry slice and serve immediately.
- Optional red garnishes - maraschino cherries, raspberries, red swizzle sticks, red sugar rim, blood orange slices.
- Number of drinks calculated based on use of 8 ounce champagne glasses.