Grinch punch is a festive non-alcoholic drink that's perfect for your next holiday party. This pineapple lime punch is kid-friendly, fruity, sweet, and fun!
This fun green punch recipe is the perfect addition to your next Christmas party or Grinch movie night with the whole family.
Pineapple and lime juices make this punch fruity, citrusy, and sweet - kids and adults alike will enjoy it. This recipe makes one gallon of green punch, perfect for a small crowd. Plus, it's easy to double or triple!
Want to make a themed cocktail for the adults? Try my grinch cocktail recipe - my most popular Christmas recipe!
Ingredients and substitutions
For this recipe, you'll need your favorite lemon-lime soda, like Sprite, 7-up, or any generic brand with the same flavors.
You'll also need pineapple juice, which could be substituted with orange juice for a slightly different flavor.
Frozen limeade concentrate can be found in the freezer aisle - this could be substitute with frozen lemonade concentrate.
Kool-aid lemon-lime packets are needed for this recipe. They add the bright green color as well as additional flavor to the punch.
I found lemon-lime kool-aid at two different local grocery stores as well as on Amazon: Kool-aid lemon lime drink mix
If you can't find kool-aid, any off-brand unsweetened powdered drink mix that is green will work as a substitute.
How much punch to serve at a party?
So, how much punch should you serve for a party? This is a helpful article: How to Calculate Punch for a Party.
For a short event that's only serving cake, you may need as little as 4 to 8 ounces of punch per person.
For an event lasting several hours with appetizers and mingling, you may need up to 12 ounces of punch per person.
Want to make your punch ahead of time? Add your pineapple juice, limeade, and kool-aid to a pitcher, stir to combine, then refrigerate. This can be done a day ahead of time if needed.
When ready to serve, add your mixture to a punch bowl, dispenser, or leave in the pitcher. Add your lemon-lime soda and mix gently to combine.
Using this method ensures your soda doesn't lose carbonation sitting out for hours before the party starts.
Want to bring your punch to the next level? Add a festive Christmas touch to your punch with some red garnishes. Sliced strawberries (like shown), cherries, or cranberries make the perfect holiday garnishes.
Or, step it up a notch and add a red sugar sprinkle rim to your punch glasses. You could also serve your grinch punch with red and white striped paper straws.
- 46 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 packets kool-aid lemon lime drink mix
- 14 ounce frozen limeade concentrate
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda
- 5 sliced strawberries optional
- In a gallon-sized pitcher or bowl, add pineapple juice, frozen limeade concentrate (no need to thaw), and kool-aid packets. Stir and mash limeade until incorporated. Add lemon-lime soda and gently stir to combine.
- Optionally, top punch bowl with sliced strawberries or cranberries, or use as a garnish on individual punch glasses. Serve cold.
- To make ahead - Combine punch in a pitcher, omitting lemon-lime soda, then store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Add lemon-lime soda just before serving.
- Add an ice ring (made in a bundt pan) or large ice cubes to punch bowl to keep cold for several hours while serving.
- 2 liter of soda = about 67 ounces