This pineapple Margarita is the perfect fruity alcoholic drink for summer. Pineapple and lime juices are mixed with triple sec and tequila to make this easy homemade margarita.
Who needs to go out – make your own margaritas at home today! This pineapple margarita is easy to make from scratch with a handful of ingredients.
Pineapple juice has a sweet, tropical flavor that’s the perfect base for this fruity cocktail. Just add lemon juice, triple sec, and tequila!
For this recipe, you’ll need pineapple juice, lime juice, triple sec, and tequila.
For a sweeter margarita, you may also want to add simple syrup to your drink.
Optional drink garnishes include a salted rim and a lime wedge.
Pineapple juice is fairly sweet on its own, but you may want to add simple syrup to make your drink a little sweeter (this is all based on your personal preference).
Since granulated sugar does not dissolve in cold liquid, simple syrup is needed to sweeten cocktails and other cold beverages. Keep a batch on hand to sweeten tea, lemonade, or other cocktails.
To make simple syrup, simply add sugar and water at a 1:1 ratio (ex: 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of water) in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 minute, or until all sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow your simple syrup to cool before adding to your cocktail.
Mixing your margarita
If you plan on making your own cocktails at home, I highly suggest investing in a simple cocktail shaker, like this one on Amazon.
To mix your margarita, add ice to a cocktail shaker, then add your cocktail ingredients. Shake until mixed, then pour over ice in a lowball glass.
Typical margarita garnishes included a salted rim and a wedge of lime. If you’d like to salt the rim of your glass, simply run your lime wedge across the rim of the glass, then dip in kosher salt. I do not recommend iodized salt for this part.
Prefer a sweet sugar rim? Use coarse sugar instead!
If you’d like to keep on theme, use a small cube of pineapple to garnish the rim of your margarita glass.
- 3 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
- 3/4 ounce triple sec
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup optional
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add pineapple juice, lime juice, tequila, triple sec, and optionally, (for a sweeter drink) simple syrup. Shake until combined.
- Fill a lowball glass with ice. Pour margarita over ice and serve immediately.
- Simple syrup in this recipe is optional, for those who would like a sweeter cocktail. Pineapple juice is sweet on its own and if you don't want an overly sweet drink, omit the simple syrup.
- Optional garnishes: a lime wedge and salted rim. To salt the rim of your glass, rub the rim of the glass with a lime wedge, then dip in kosher salt.