Fresh Grapefruit Margarita is a light and refreshing alcoholic beverage that is easy to make at home. This homemade margarita is made with freshly squeezed grapefruit and lime juices.
Impress your friends and family with homemade margaritas - no store-bought mix required! This Fresh Grapefruit Margarita is refreshing and crisp - the perfect summertime drink.
Made with fresh squeezed grapefruit and lime juices, the fresh fruit flavor can't be beat.
Want to give your margaritas a restaurant-ready look? Rim your glasses with salt or sugar and a wedge of lime.
For this recipe, you'll need:
- Triple Sec
- Simple Syrup or Agave Nectar
If you can't find fresh grapefruits or limes, you're welcome to use canned or bottled juice instead. However, freshly squeezed juice tastes much better in my opinion - I highly recommend you try it!
Simple syrup is made with just two ingredients - granulated sugar and water. Since granulated sugar does not dissolve easily into cold beverages, simple syrup is needed for this recipe.
If you don't have simple syrup on hand, it's easy to make in just a few minutes at home.
In a saucepan over medium heat, add a 1:1 ratio of water and sugar. To make a large batch, you'd add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of granulated sugar.
Stir and heat until your sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool before adding to your cocktail. Store any extra simple syrup in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. Your homemade simple syrup should last for at least 1 month.
Try rimming your glasses with coarse salt or sugar. Use a lime or grapefruit wedge to wet the edge of your glass. Then, dip in salt or sugar until entire rim is coated.
You can also add a small slice of lime or grapefruit before serving. Cut a few decorative slices from your grapefruits before juicing them.
Fresh Grapefruit Margarita
- 3 ounces grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed, about ½ a grapefruit
- 1 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed, about 1 lime
- 1 ½ ounces tequila
- ¾ ounce triple sec
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup, to taste
- Optional: Pour a thin layer of kosher salt into a shallow bowl. Run a lime wedge around the rim of your glasses and dip into salt to coat. Set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add grapefruit juice, lime juice, tequila, triple sec, and simple syrup. Shake until combined.
- Fill glasses with ice. Pour margarita over ice and serve immediately. Garnish with lime or grapefruit wedge as desired.
Very refreshing margarita! Thank you!!
These were great, so light and fresh!