This spiced orange ginger ale cocktail is made with ginger ale, a hint of citrus and a kick of cinnamon. Perfect for the holidays, yet light and refreshing.
There's nothing better than a simple cocktail you can mix up quickly, whether for yourself or a group. This spiced orange ginger ale cocktail is made with just three ingredients, and has flavors that pair perfectly with fall and winter.
This cocktail combines three classic holiday flavors: orange, ginger, and cinnamon. Ginger ale makes this cocktail light and refreshing, so it's easy to enjoy. Optionally, garnish your cocktail with an orange slice on the rim.
This festive cocktail is perfect for the winter holidays - Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Eve.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Ginger ale - Can be substituted with ginger beer for a stronger ginger flavor.
- Triple sec - Can be substituted with any orange liqueur like grand marnier, cointreau, or curacao (not blue curacao).
- Fireball whisky - Any cinnamon whisky will work here. Fireball is popular, easy to find, and inexpensive, so you shouldn't have a problem finding it.
What alcohol do you mix with ginger ale?
For our spiced orange ginger ale cocktail, we're mixing fireball whisky and triple sec with ginger ale. However, ginger ale is a great pairing for almost any alcohol, like vodka, rum, bourbon, and gin.
Ginger beer, the stronger-tasting, slightly less sweet cousin of ginger ale, is frequently used in cocktails as well. Despite the name, ginger beer is not actually alcoholic. It makes a great mixer for drinks, like the popular Moscow Mule (made with vodka), and the Dark and Stormy (made with rum). Ginger ale can be substituted into these cocktails for a milder, sweeter flavor.
Want to give your finished cocktail a little something extra? A few garnish ideas:
- Orange slice
- Orange peel
- Dehydrated Orange Cocktail Garnish (Amazon)
- Cinnamon stick
- Turbinado sugar rim
- Gold Glitter Plastic Swizzle Sticks (Amazon)
- Stainless Steel Reusable Reindeer Cocktail Stirrer (Amazon)
Spiced Orange Ginger Ale Cocktail
- 1.5 ounces fireball whisky
- 1.5 ounces triple sec
- 5 ounces ginger ale
- Fill a highball glass with ice. Add fireball whisky and triple sec. Top with ginger ale and stir briefly.
- Optionally, garnish with an orange slice or cinnamon stick.
- Triple sec can be substituted with any orange liqueur like grand marnier or cointreau.
- Ginger ale can be substituted with ginger beer for a stronger ginger flavor.