BLT Dip is an easy to make, cold appetizer dip that’s perfect for parties. This creamy dip is filled with bacon, tomatoes, and green onions.
This BLT dip recipe will be a hit at your next party. The creamy base is made with sour cream and cream cheese, then filled with bacon, diced tomatoes, and fresh green onions.
Ranch Seasoning gives this cold BLT dip amazing flavor with little effort. If you don’t want to make your own, you can save time by using a packet of ranch seasoning from the store.
How To Serve BLT Dip
This dip is served cold, and can be served with a wide variety of dipping options. Some of my favorites:
- bagel chips
- celery sticks
- carrot sticks
- tortilla chips
- pork rinds
How to Make BLT Dip
This BLT dip is simple and requires only six ingredients.
For this recipe, you’ll need bacon pieces, sour cream, green onions, ranch seasoning, cream cheese, and tomatoes.
You’ll also want to use room temperature cream cheese, which makes it much easier to blend and incorporate with the other ingredients. I recommend setting it out on the kitchen counter 1-2 hours before you plan on preparing your dip.
In a bowl, add your sour cream and cream cheese. Beat until creamy and smooth, then add your ranch seasoning and beat until evenly incorporated.
Then, add half of your bacon, half of your green onions, and half of your tomatoes. Fold ingredients into dip..
Next, spread your blt dip into a serving dish. I used an 8×8 ceramic serving dish (similar to this one on Amazon). Any similarly sized dish would work just fine.
Next, sprinkle the remaining half of your bacon, green onions, and tomatoes on top.
Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve. This dip is best served the same day to keep your vegetables fresh and bacon crispy.
Wait – Where’s the Lettuce?
BLT stands for bacon, lettuce, and tomato. So… where’s the lettuce in this BLT dip?
I decided against adding lettuce, because lettuce wilts easily and didn’t seem like a great addition to this heavy dip. Instead I used green onions, which add flavor, crispiness, and a hint of green.
I think you’ll be pleased with this swap! This dip is creamy, crunchy, and filled with flavor.
More Party Appetizers
Looking for more appetizer recipes? Check out some of my favorites:
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Jalapeño Popper Dip
- Easy S’mores Dip
- Greek Yogurt French Onion Dip
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- Buffalo Ranch Chex Snack Mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 roma tomatoes diced and seeded
- 3 green onions diced
- In a bowl, add cream cheese and sour cream. Beat until creamy and smooth. Add ranch seasoning and beat until incorporated.
- Add half of the bacon, half of the tomatoes, and half of the green onions to the dip and stir until incorporated.
- Spread dip into an 8x8 (or other 2 quart) dish. Sprinkle remaining half of ingredients over the top.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Dip is best served the same day to keep bacon crunchy and vegetables fresh.
- Bacon can be substituted with bacon bits/pieces instead.