BLT Dip is an easy to make, cold appetizer dip that's perfect for parties. This creamy dip is filled with bacon, tomatoes, and green onions.
This BLT dip recipe will be a hit at your next party. The creamy base is made with sour cream and cream cheese, then filled with bacon, diced tomatoes, and fresh green onions.
Ranch Seasoning gives this cold BLT dip amazing flavor with little effort. If you don't want to make your own, you can save time by using a packet of ranch seasoning from the store.
Serve this BLT dip at your next picnic, barbecue, or Fourth of July party!
Ingredients and substitutions
Cream cheese can be regular or low fat - any block cream cheese will work in this recipe.
Your cream cheese also needs to be room temperature, which makes it much easier to blend and incorporate with the other ingredients. I recommend setting it out on the kitchen counter 1-2 hours before you plan on preparing your dip.
Ranch seasoning can be homemade or store bought.
Cooked and crumbled bacon can be substituted with store bought bacon bits or pieces.
How to serve BLT dip
This dip is served cold, and can be served with a wide variety of dipping options. Some of my favorites:
- bagel chips
- celery sticks
- carrot sticks
- tortilla chips
- pork rinds
Where's the lettuce?
BLT stands for bacon, lettuce, and tomato. So... where's the lettuce in this BLT dip?
I decided against adding lettuce, because lettuce wilts easily and didn't seem like a great addition to this heavy dip. Instead I used green onions, which add flavor, crispiness, and a hint of green.
I think you'll be pleased with this swap! This dip is creamy, crunchy, and filled with flavor.
Serving your BLT dip
This dip should be served cold. Once its been sitting out for 2 hours, your dip will need additional refrigeration.
While your dip can be made a day ahead, it is best served the same day.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ½ tablespoons ranch seasoning
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced and seeded
- 3 green onions, diced
- In a bowl, add cream cheese and sour cream. Beat until creamy and smooth. Add ranch seasoning and beat until incorporated.
- Add half of the bacon, half of the tomatoes, and half of the green onions to the dip and stir until incorporated.
- Spread dip into an 8x8 (or other 2 quart) dish. Sprinkle remaining half of ingredients over the top.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Dip is best served the same day to keep bacon crunchy and vegetables fresh.
- Bacon can be substituted with bacon bits/pieces instead.
Very tasty and easy to make. It’s also very pretty to serve.
Love this very flavorful dip! Perfect for any get together!