Stovetop Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese is rich and creamy with a kick of buffalo sauce. Made on the stovetop in a single pot in less than 30 minutes.
If you’d like to amp up a classic Creamy Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese recipe, look no further. This stovetop buffalo chicken macaroni and cheese is rich, cheesy, and amped up with buffalo flavor.
This stovetop macaroni and cheese turns out so smooth, rich, and creamy, you’ll never reach for another recipe again. The best part is that it’s ready in 30 minutes or less.
This recipe is also a great way to use up leftover chicken. Or, grab a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store beforehand. If you don’t have chicken prepared, simply pan fry some chicken that’s lightly seasoned with salt and pepper.
I love to top my buffalo mac and cheese with crumbled bleu cheese, a drizzle of buffalo sauce, and green onions.
Looking for other ways to switch up your favorite macaroni and cheese? Try my recipe for Loaded Stove Top Macaroni and Cheese. With bacon and extra cheese, you can’t go wrong.
Stovetop Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese
- 6 ounces elbow macaroni uncooked
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 16 ounces cooked chicken diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese (optional)
- 2 green onions, diced (optional)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain, set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and stir to combine, creating a paste. Cook for 1 minute. Add milk and whisk constantly to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until mixture thickens.
- Reduce heat to low. Add salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Add shredded cheese and buffalo sauce. Stir until cheese is melted and fully incorporated.
- Add diced chicken and stir to combine. Remove from heat and allow to set for 2 minutes before serving.
- Optionally, top with bleu cheese and green onions before serving.