Parmesan and Red Pepper Roasted Broccoli is ready in less than 30 minutes and made with frozen broccoli. Parmesan cheese provides salty flavor and red pepper flakes add a touch of heat.
There are a few musts to make this recipe successful. First, don’t be afraid to crank up your oven for this recipe.
You need the high heat to quickly defrost and cook your frozen broccoli. This way your broccoli won’t end up soggy and limp.
Next, you must preheat your baking sheet beforehand. While you are prepping the broccoli, place your baking sheet (parchment and all) into the oven for 5 minutes.
When you pour your broccoli onto a preheated baking sheet, it will instantly begin to defrost. The water will evaporate instead of forming puddles on a cold baking sheet.
I’ve tried roasting broccoli at all sorts of temperatures and with cold and hot baking sheets.
By far the best success has been with a very hot oven (425 degrees) and a preheated baking sheet. The parmesan cheese creates a crunchy, salty crust that is just divine. If you like broccoli at all, you will love this roasted broccoli.
Parmesan and Red Pepper Roasted Broccoli
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Five minutes before baking, place lined baking sheet into oven to preheat.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add frozen broccoli and toss to coat. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and pour broccoli onto sheet. Spread into a single layer. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until broccoli is browned and cooked through. Remove from oven and serve immediately.