This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Broccoli is one of my favorite vegetables. Maaaaybe because it pairs so well with cheese … but who’s to say. Today I want to share with you one of my favorite and easiest preparations of broccoli, my Parmesan and Red Pepper Roasted Broccoli. Parmesan cheese provides salty flavor and red pepper flakes bring a little heat. The best part about this recipe? I use frozen broccoli! It’s so easy, and it takes less than 20 minutes in the oven.
There are a few musts to make this recipe successful. First, don’t be afraid to crank up your oven for this recipe. You need the high heat to quickly defrost and cook your frozen broccoli. This way your broccoli won’t end up soggy and limp.
Next, you must preheat your baking sheet beforehand. While you are prepping the broccoli, place your baking sheet (parchment and all) into the oven for 5 minutes. When you pour your broccoli onto a preheated baking sheet, it will instantly begin to defrost. The water will evaporate instead of forming puddles on a cold baking sheet.
I’ve tried roasting broccoli at all sorts of temperatures and with cold and hot baking sheets. By far the best success has been with a very hot oven (425 degrees) and a preheated baking sheet. The parmesan cheese creates a crunchy, salty crust that is just divine. If you like broccoli at all, you will love this roasted broccoli.
Parmesan and Red Pepper Roasted Broccoli
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Five minutes before baking, place lined baking sheet into oven to preheat.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add frozen broccoli and toss to coat. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and pour broccoli onto sheet. Spread into a single layer. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until broccoli is browned and cooked through. Remove from oven and serve immediately.