This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Spicy Garlic Chex Mix is an easy and flavorful snack to make for your next get-together. Spicy cayenne seasoning and garlic are the perfect pairing in this snack mix filled with chex cereal, pretzels, and cashews.
Chex mix is a fun and addictive snack that’s easy to make for a crowd. My spicy garlic chex mix is super quick and easy to make, and packs a punch of spicy flavor. You’ll love this recipe because it takes just minutes to throw together, and toasts up nice and crunchy in the oven. Take this salty, crunchy, addictive snack mix to your next party, barbecue, or get-together. It’s an instant favorite!
Let’s talk about spice. This chex mix is pretty spicy. On a scale of hot wings, I enjoy mild and medium wings, but hot wings start to be ‘too hot’ for my comfort level. I consider this chex mix to be a medium level of spicy. You will feel some heat, but it’s not overwhelming. If you’re not a spicy food person, I would recommend cutting the amount of cayenne pepper in half. If you absolutely love spicy foods, you may be able to tolerate even more cayenne pepper. I would recommend trying the recipe as is, then adjusting your next batch to suit your taste buds.
Love chex mix? I also have a recipe for Buffalo Ranch Chex Snack Mix. It’s highly addictive! You’ve been warned.
Spicy Garlic Chex Mix
- 8 cups chex cereal any variety
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 8 ounce can cashews
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a large baking sheet (or two baking sheets if needed) with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chex cereal, pretzels, and cashews. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, worchestershire sauce, garlic powder, seasoned salt, cayenne pepper, and parsley. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture over chex mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread chex mix evenly over baking sheet(s) in an even layer. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring once halfway through. If using multiple baking sheets, rotate sheets between racks halfway through as well.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, then store in an airtight container.
Last Updated on