You’ll love this sweet Snickerdoodle Puppy Chow Snack Mix because it’s quick and easy to make. White chocolate and cinnamon are the star flavors, a twist on the classic puppy chow, or “muddy buddies”, treat.
I can’t get enough cinnamon this time of year. That’s what makes this Snickerdoodle Puppy Chow the perfect snack for the fall season.
Puppy chow is a great snack for several reasons. One, you don’t need to turn on the oven. Two, you can make a lot at a time, which will feed a crowd. Three, you only need a few simple ingredients to make this addictive snack.
I have a few other snack mixes you may enjoy. Sweet Holiday Chex Mix is an addictive sweet snack that isn’t just for the holidays.
Those with a nut allergy will especially love this recipe because it doesn’t contain peanut butter like the “classic” puppy chow. I’m a big fan of peanut butter, but I think this is an equally tasty alternative.
Snickerdoodle Puppy Chow
- 4 cups chex cereal
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, add cereal. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, microwave white chocolate chips for 30 seconds, stir. Microwave for additional 30 second increments until chips are melted and smooth. Pour chocolate over cereal and stir carefully to fully cover but not break the cereal. Pour cereal mixture into a large gallon size plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and granulated sugar. Pour over cereal mixture, close bag, and shake to cover. Add powdered sugar to bag, close bag, and shake to cover.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper and pour cereal mixture into a single layer. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes (or until chocolate has hardened). Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.