Buffalo Ranch Chex Mix is crunchy, tangy, and hot – and comes together in minutes! It’s a fantastic snack mix for a crowd. Make this recipe for your next party or sporting event.
Who doesn’t love a good chex mix? This buffalo ranch chex mix is a crowd pleaser. Plus, it’s so easy to make. It takes just a few minutes of mixing and some time in the oven. You’ll have a tasty, savory snack for a large group of people in no time!
Buffalo wings are often accompanied by ranch dressing. I thought that these flavors went perfectly together, which is how my buffalo ranch chex snack mix was born!
This recipe makes a large batch of hot and flavorful chex mix, perfect for a crowd. If you have a big event coming up, like a football party or birthday, this recipe can be made a day or two ahead of time and stored in a large, tightly sealed container.
Gluten-Free Chex Mix
This recipe can also be made gluten free! Chex cereals come in many gluten free varieties, including corn and rice – these are my favorite choices.
Pick up some gluten free cheese crackers and pretzels from your local grocer to include in this recipe – any brands or varieties will work for this recipe.
If you aren’t familiar with ranch dressing (it is popular in the US and Canada), it is a tangy and creamy salad dressing that’s made of buttermilk, mayonnaise, and sour cream. It mainly tastes like the herbs and seasonings that it’s made of – dill, garlic, and onion being the key flavors.
If you already have my ranch seasoning mix on hand, this recipe will use three tablespoons of prepared mix. Or, use one packet of store bought ranch seasoning instead, which should equal about 3 tablespoons.
More Party Snack Recipes
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Spicy Garlic Chex Mix
- Jalapeño Popper Dip
- BLT Dip
- Greek Yogurt French Onion Dip
Buffalo Ranch Chex Snack Mix
- 8 cups chex cereal any variety
- 2 cups cheese crackers like cheez-its
- 2 cups small twist pretzels
- 1 cup lightly salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 3 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a large baking sheet (or two baking sheets if needed) with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chex cereal, cheese crackers, pretzels, and peanuts. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter and buffalo sauce. Add ranch seasoning and stir to combine.
- Pour buffalo sauce mixture over chex mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread chex mix evenly over baking sheet(s) in an even layer. Bake for about 45 minutes, stirring once halfway through. If using multiple baking sheets, rotate sheets between racks halfway through as well.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, then store in an airtight container.
- Stored in an airtight container, chex snack mix should stay fresh for 1-2 weeks.
- Ranch seasoning can be homemade or store bought.