This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This buffalo ranch chex snack mix is crunchy, tangy, and hot – and comes together in minutes! It’s a fantastic snack mix for a crowd. Make this recipe for your next party or sporting event.
Who doesn’t love a good chex mix? My Buffalo Ranch Chex Snack Mix is a crowd pleaser. Plus, it’s so easy to make. It takes just a few minutes of mixing and some time in the oven. You’ll have a tasty, savory snack for a large group of people in no time!
Buffalo wings are often accompanied by ranch dressing. I thought that these flavors went perfectly together, which is how my buffalo ranch chex snack mix was born!
If you aren’t familiar with ranch dressing (it is popular in the US and Canada), it is a tangy and creamy salad dressing that’s made of buttermilk, mayonnaise, and sour cream. It mainly tastes like the herbs and seasonings that it’s made of – dill, garlic, and onion being the key flavors.
My ranch seasoning uses these herbs and spices from the famous dressing. You can use it to make hamburgers, meatloaf, vegetable dip, or chex mix!
This recipe can also be made gluten free! Use your favorite chex cereals (they have rice and corn varieties), and gluten free pretzels and cheese crackers.
If you already have my ranch seasoning mix on hand, this recipe will use three tablespoons of prepared mix. If not, just follow the measurements below! Or, use one packet of store bought ranch seasoning.
Buffalo Ranch Chex Snack Mix
- 8 cups chex cereal any variety
- 2 cups cheese crackers
- 2 cups small twist pretzels
- 1 cup lightly salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
Ranch Seasoning (or substitute with 1 packet of store bought ranch seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon dill weed
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a large baking sheet (or two baking sheets if needed) with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chex cereal, cheese crackers, pretzels, and peanuts. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter and buffalo sauce. Add ranch seasoning ingredients: salt, pepper, parsley, dill weed, garlic powder, and onion powder. Stir to combine.
- Pour buffalo sauce mixture over chex mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread chex mix evenly over baking sheet(s) in an even layer. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring once halfway through. If using multiple baking sheets, rotate sheets between racks halfway through as well.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, then store in an airtight container.
Last Updated on