Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob with Seasoned Butter is a fresh and flavorful side dish you can make for your next summer barbecue. Corn cobs are roasted in their husks, then coated in a lightly seasoned butter.
You’ll love this oven roasted corn on the cob because there is practically no work involved. Your corn cobs are oven roasted in the husks, and then peel off after baking, with no prep work and minimal cleanup.
While your corn is roasting, you can whip up this tasty and simple seasoned butter. I used my Everyday Seasoning, but you’re welcome to try any seasoning mixes you have on hand.
The beauty of my Everyday Seasoning is that it provides the perfect amount of flavor and spice without overwhelming the dish. It’s also not spicy, so it’s a fantastic seasoning for the entire family.
This recipe combines my most commonly used spices and seasoning into an easy-to-use seasoning blend – paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. I love to use it on hamburgers, chicken, and freshly steamed or roasted veggies.
Making seasoned butter
To make your seasoned butter, simply combine softened butter with everyday seasoning, or your preferred seasoning blend. Then, set aside until your corn has come out of the oven.
Oven roasting corn
To oven roast corn, preheat your oven. If you’d like, you can also line the bottom rack of your oven with a sheet of foil to catch any falling corn silks.
Before oven roasting corn, I recommend trimming off any excess silk at the top of your corn cobs. This part can easily burn in the oven, so trimming beforehand will prevent issues later on.
Next, place your corn cobs directly on the middle rack of your oven. The corn steams inside the husks, so there’s no need to remove them before baking.
When your corn cobs come out of the ovens, some of the outer husks may have browned – this is normal. Let your corn rest for a few minutes, then gently peel back the husks and silks. The silks should easily pull back from the corn cobs after your corn has steamed.
Plate your corn, smear with your seasoned butter, and serve.
Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob with Seasoned Butter
- 4 corn cobs husks on
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon everyday seasoning or your favorite seasoning blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add unsalted butter and seasoning blend to a small bowl. Combine and set aside.
- Place corn cobs, husks on, directly on oven rack and roast for 30 minutes, or until corn is soft. Peel back corn husks to use as a handle when eating.
- Coat corn with seasoned butter and serve immediately.
- Everyday seasoning can easily be substituted with your favorite seasoning blend on hand. Or, to make one teaspoon of everyday seasoning for this recipe only, use the following measurements: 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, pinch of paprika, pinch of salt, pinch of pepper, pinch of ground mustard.