Lemon Lime Wine Spritzer is a light and refreshing cocktail that is perfect for spring and summer. It combines your favorite white wine with a hint of citrus, and it’s easy to make for a group.
Lemon lime wine spritzers are perfect for spring and summer because they are refreshing, light, and perfect for warm weather. You will love this drink because it is surprisingly simple – you only need four ingredients.
This drink is perfect for a party or gathering because it takes no time at all to pull together. Serving spritzers at parties may be a good idea when you want to stay hydrated and cut the alcohol content just a little with the club soda.
Your guests can grab an extra spritzer without feeling woozy afterward. Wine spritzers are great for daytime parties, barbecues, poolside, or even with Sunday brunch.
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- Your favorite white wine
- Club soda
- A lemon
- A lime
Lemon or lime can be substituted with other citrus slices. Make sure your citrus fruit slices are small enough to fit into your wine glasses. Larger citrus like orange or grapefruit slices may need to be quartered to lay nicely in the glass.
What wine should I use?
Starting with a good wine is very important. And by good wine, I mean a wine that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be expensive, it just has to taste good to you.
Otherwise, using a wine you don’t enjoy will result in… a spritzer you don’t enjoy. Whether you love a sauvignon blanc, a pinot grigio, or a moscato – any white wine will work well in this recipe.
I’d suggest looking for a wine that is fruity and aromatic. Remember, you’ll be adding club soda, which will lighten the flavor slightly.
Club soda is a great way to add a little extra to your cocktail, without all the extra calories. If you’d like to mix things up, try using a flavored club soda, like citrus or strawberry.
Try a fun flavor pairing in your white wine spritzers? Share in the comments below!
Lemon Lime Wine Spritzer
- 6 ounces white wine
- 2 ounces club soda
- 1 slice lemon
- 1 slice lime
- In a wine glass, pour 6 ounces of your favorite chilled white wine. Add 2 ounces of club soda. Top with one slice of lime and one slice of lemon.
- Optionally garnish with additional lemon or lime slices on rim.
- Choose a white wine that you enjoy. I suggest looking for an aromatic, fruity wine. The most important part is selecting a wine that tastes good to you.
- Lemon and lime slices can be substituted with other citrus. Larger citrus, like grapefruit or orange slices may need to be quartered to lay nicely in the wine glass.
- To add more flavor, try adding a flavored club soda, like citrus or strawberry.