This easy taco seasoning takes just minutes to make and will replace your store bought seasoning packets. Made with easy to find spices that may already be in your cabinet.
For the longest time, I purchased taco seasoning packets at the grocery store. Nachos, tacos, and enchiladas are a weekly occurrence in our home.
One evening, I started dinner only to realize I had forgotten to buy seasoning!
I did a quick google search and found that taco seasoning was made with spices that I already had on hand. So, why not try to make my own instead. I pulled out my spices jars and made a few adjustments based on our tastes.
The best part about making your own seasoning? It’s easily customized based on your own personal tastes. Love spicy foods? Feel free to double the cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes.
Make a small batch and see how it tastes. Don’t care for spice? Use only a small amount of seasoning and ramp up from there.
Easy Taco Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients until well blended. Store in an airtight container.
- For every half pound of meat, add 2-3 teaspoons of spice and up to 1/4 cup of water to create a sauce. Feel free to add as much as you'd like to taste.