This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Puff Pastry Cinnamon Twists are a fun and easy dessert pastry that pairs well with coffee or tea. They’re filled with cinnamon flavor and come together quickly with the use of frozen puff pastry dough.
My love of puff pastry is never-ending. Take, for example, my Quick 30 Minute Cinnamon Rolls and my newer favorite, Ham and Cheese Puff Pastry Turnovers. Puff pastry is so easy to work with, and the results are always stunning.
These Puff Pastry Cinnamon Twists are no exception. They’re fun, whimsical, and look like something you’d find in a bakery window.
You’ll have everyone fooled with these quick and easy pastries. They come together with less than 10 minutes of prep and another 15 minutes in the oven. The best part of all – you only need four ingredients.
Wondering what else you can use puff pastry for? Try my Easy Raspberry Cheese Danishes or my Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Pinwheels for breakfast. They’re both quick and incredibly easy to make.
I tried this recipe probably three or four times before I came up with the most perfectly twisted pastry. What I found is that you want your pastry to be as long and thin as possible. Shorter and thicker pastries did not hold their twists well at all.
I sliced my puff pastry into 12 thin pieces, but I bet you could go even thinner if you like. If you cut them any thicker, your twists will unravel as the pastries bake. I also tried a half-length cinnamon twist. These also unraveled more than their longer version.
Long story short? If you want a twisty pastry, cut your pieces long and thin!
Another tip, I twisted the cinnamon side inside, leaving the plain pastry on the outside of the twist. This also helps reduce mess when handling the baked cinnamon twists. (This will make more sense once you start twisting your pastries up!)
Serve these with coffee, tea, or as a fun appetizer at your next party! They make a fun and easy handheld treat. Wouldn’t they make a fun treat at a child’s (or adult’s?) unicorn themed party? They remind me of a unicorn horn 🙂
Puff Pastry Cinnamon Twists
- 1 sheet puff pastry sheets thawed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Unfold puff pastry sheet onto a sheet of parchment paper or a lightly floured surface. Using a pastry brush, brush melted butter over the entire surface of puff pastry sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and ground cinnamon. Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over dough and pat to adhere with butter.
- With a sharp knife, slice pastry sheet from top to bottom into 12 thin strips. Twist each strip about six to seven times around, with the cinnamon layer facing inward and the plain (underside) of the pastry facing outward on the twist.
- Place twists 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets (they will spread and untwist slightly when baking, which is why I space them out onto two sheets). Bake for 14-15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Serve cinnamon twists warm or at room temperature.
Last Updated on