Quick 30 Minute Cinnamon Rolls are soft and flaky with big cinnamon flavor. Drizzled in a sweet icing, They’re ready to enjoy in just 30 minutes.
My quick 30 minute cinnamon rolls are, simply said, the best cinnamon roll recipe for the time spent. It literally takes 30 minutes and you’ll have piping hot cinnamon rolls ready to enjoy.
I haven’t been able to find a quick cinnamon roll recipe that even compares to these! You’ll love them because they are light and flaky, so you aren’t left with that full, heavy feeling after eating. My husband even claimed that this was his favorite ‘sweet’ breakfast recipe I have ever made.
So what’s the catch? There is a secret weapon I like to use for these cinnamon rolls – puff pastry. Yes, I’ve been raving about puff pastry lately, and with good reason.
It is an amazing time saver in the kitchen! Puff pastry is a dough that contains layers of butter and dough that are folded many times to create the flaky consistency. It can be very time consuming to make properly yourself.
This is why frozen puff pastry is a staple when looking to save time in the kitchen.
When using puff pastry, you’ll need to thaw the pastry dough beforehand. I like to thaw it in the refrigerator overnight. If you forget to do this, you can thaw it on the countertop in just 40 minutes.
Once thawed, I like to give it a quick roll with a rolling pin to get rid of the creases. Puff pastry comes dusted with a bit of flour, so there’s no need to dust your surface before rolling.
If you’d like to add some crunch, add a handful of pecans or walnuts into your cinnamon sugar mixture.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my recipe for Easy Raspberry Cheese Danishes.
Quick 30 Minute Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 puff pastry sheet thawed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a round baking pan with parchment paper, or lightly grease, and set aside.
- Roll puff pastry sheet lightly with a rolling pin to remove creases. Using a pastry brush, brush melted butter over the entire surface.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and ground cinnamon. Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over dough.
- Starting at one end, roll dough into a log. Slice log into six even pieces and place into baking pan.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- In a bowl, combine confectioner's sugar, milk, and vanilla. Stir until mixture is fully combined. If too thick, add more milk 1/2 tablespoon at a time.
- Drizzle over warm cinnamon rolls and serve immediately.