No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream is rich, creamy, and made with just three ingredients. This frozen dessert treat is perfect for any peanut butter fanatic.
Have you made no churn ice cream before? If not, you'll be surprised at how easy it is to make a batch at home today.
This no churn peanut butter ice cream is made with just three ingredients, all easy to find at your local grocery store. Plus, you don't need an ice cream maker or any fancy kitchen appliances - just a hand mixer.
Peanut butter lovers will love this creamy, sweet ice cream recipe. Not only is the ice cream flavored with peanut butter, but extra peanut butter is melted and swirled as a ribbon layer in the middle.
Ingredients and substitutions
Because no churn ice cream requires so few ingredients, I do not have many substitutions to offer.
A can of sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream are the minimum required ingredients needed to make no churn ice cream.
Peanut butter can be substituted with your favorite nut butter, like almond butter, if desired.
If you're interested in making different flavors of ice cream, check out my post for How To Make No Churn Ice Cream. This post includes lists with flavor and mix-in ideas, for endless homemade ice cream possibilities!
Ice cream mix-ins
Want to add extra to your peanut butter ice cream? Here are a few of my favorite ideas.
- Chopped reese's peanut butter cups
- Mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Shell Ice Cream Topping - use to top your ice cream or add as a crunchy chocolate layer in the middle!
- Crumbled chocolate cookies
A 9x5 loaf pan is the ideal size for this no churn ice cream recipe. However, you can use any freezer safe container you have on hand. Try using a large tupperware container with a tightly sealing container.
Any container that will hold six cups will work for this recipe.
No Churn Double Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup peanut butter, divided
- In a large bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks are achieved, about 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and ½ cup of peanut butter. Fold whipped cream into peanut butter mixture until combined.
- In a small, microwaveable safe bowl, warm remaining ¼ cup of peanut butter for 30-45 seconds, or until melted.
- In a 9x5 loaf pan (or other 6 cup container), layer ⅓ of ice cream mixture. Drizzle with ⅓ of thinned peanut butter. Repeat twice more ending with a drizzle of peanut butter. Cover and freeze immediately for 4-5 hours or until firm. Enjoy!