This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Dark Chocolate Ice Peanut Butter Shell Ice Cream Topping is a rich and peanut buttery ice cream topping. It takes only three ingredients and five minutes to make. This magical ice cream topping hardens into a shell when poured over your favorite frozen treat.
You’re going to love my recipe for dark chocolate peanut butter shell ice cream topping. It only takes five minutes to make. Plus, you only need three ingredients! This ice cream topping is rich, slightly sweet, and filled with peanut butter flavor.
You can’t go wrong with peanut butter. In my opinion, chocolate and peanut butter are the perfect pairing.
This recipe is easily adjusted if you’re looking for something different. If you don’t like peanut butter, leave it out (or try replacing it with almond butter). The combinations are endless.
Feel free to try this recipe with white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or milk chocolate chips. I also have a recipe for Peppermint Chocolate Ice Cream Shell Topping.
Unfortunately, the “magic” in this shell works a little slower than the store bought version. I found that it took about 30 seconds for this shell to harden fully on my ice cream. But as you can see, it breaks apart beautifully once it’s frozen.
As a bonus, any leftover shell topping will keep for quite a while in a sealed container at room temperature. So far, mine has held strong for two weeks, but I think it would be okay for a month or more.
If your shell thickens up too much between uses, simply warm it in the microwave for 10 seconds at a time until you get the right consistency.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Shell
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil refined
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, and coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring every 30 seconds, until completely melted and combined. If preferred, you can melt over a double boiler on the stove top as well.
- Pour over your favorite frozen treat, and allow to harden (about one minute).