Chocolate Ice Peanut Butter Shell Ice Cream Topping is a rich and peanut buttery ice cream topping. This magical ice cream topping hardens into a shell when poured over your favorite frozen treat.
You’re going to love my recipe for dark chocolate peanut butter shell ice cream topping. It only takes five minutes to make. Plus, you only need three ingredients! This ice cream topping is rich, slightly sweet, and filled with peanut butter flavor.
You can’t go wrong with peanut butter. In my opinion, chocolate and peanut butter are the perfect pairing.
This recipe is easily adjusted if you’re looking for something different. If you don’t like peanut butter, leave it out (or try replacing it with almond butter). The combinations are endless.
Feel free to try this recipe with white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or milk chocolate chips. I also have a recipe for Peppermint Chocolate Ice Cream Shell Topping.
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Shell
First, gather your ingredients.
For this recipe, all you need are chocolate chips, peanut butter, and coconut oil.
Add all of your ingredients to a microwave safe bowl, then microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time.
Be sure to microwave in short increments. Otherwise, your chocolate could scorch instead of melt.
Stir your ingredients until the chocolate chips have completely melted.
After stirring for a while, if you still see bits of chocolate, microwave for another 15-30 seconds.
Your chocolate shell should be thick and smooth, without any lumps or bits of chocolate.
Chocolate peanut butter shell can be stored at room temperature for up to a week in a sealed container. If stored in the refrigerator, your shell will harden, but you can easily microwave for a few seconds to liquify again.
The “magic” in this shell works a little slower than the store bought version. I found that it took about 30 seconds for this shell to harden fully on my ice cream. But as you can see, it breaks apart beautifully once it’s frozen.
More Ice Cream Recipes
Love ice cream? Check out some of my other recipes here.
- Peppermint Chocolate Ice Cream Shell Topping
- How To Make No Churn Ice Cream – with flavor and mix-in ideas
- No Churn Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- Double Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Chocolate Peanut Butter Shell
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil refined
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, and coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring every 30 seconds, until completely melted and combined. If preferred, you can melt over a double boiler on the stove top as well.
- Pour over your favorite frozen treat, and allow to harden (about one minute).