This homemade strawberry ice cream is rich, creamy, and filled with sweet strawberries. My no churn version requires only ten minutes of prep and no fancy kitchen gadgets.
There’s nothing better than homemade strawberry ice cream. You’re going to love my no churn version because it’s so quick and easy that you’ll think you’re skipping a step.
This ice cream turns out rich, sweet, and creamy – just like store bought ice cream. Honestly, it’s even better. I can’t imagine buying store bought again after making it at home.
If you’ve never tried making no churn ice cream before, you’re in for a surprise. No churn ice cream is made by whipping heavy cream, then combining it with sweetened condensed milk and any mix-ins you’d like to add to your ice cream. It’s as simple as that.
Can I use fresh strawberries?
You may be wondering why I use jam instead of fresh strawberries. Using fresh strawberries does not add enough strawberry flavor on their own.
Strawberry chunks also get a bit icy when frozen, since they have a higher water content than the ice cream base.
When making strawberries into jam, you cook out the excess water, turning regular strawberries into a concentrated, flavorful sauce.
Jam incorporates perfectly into the ice cream, which maintains its creamy texture when frozen. Plus, the strawberry flavor is unbelievable.
How do I prepare my fresh strawberries?
Don’t want to make an entire batch of freezer jam? No problem. Here’s a shortcut.
In a saucepan over medium heat, add 2 cups of diced strawberries and 1/2 cup of granulated sugar. Bring to a simmer for about 10 minutes.
Then, remove from heat and mash with a potato masher. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until mixture has thickened slightly. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Once room temperature, it’s ready to add to your ice cream mixture.
This will create a strawberry sauce – thinner than jam, but perfect for making ice cream.
Can I use any jam?
I have tried this recipe with homemade freezer jam and store bought jam. Both varieties worked well.
Looking for a different flavor? Try peach jam, blackberry jam, or raspberry jam.
No Churn Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces strawberry jam
- In a large bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks are achieved, about 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and strawberry jam. Fold whipped cream into strawberry mixture until combined.
- Pour mixture into a 9x5 loaf pan (or any container that will hold 6 cups). Cover and freeze immediately for 4-5 hours or until firm. Enjoy!
More ice cream recipes
- No Churn Christmas Cookie Ice Cream
- No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Peppermint Chocolate Ice Cream Shell Topping
- No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- How To Make No Churn Ice Cream – with flavor and mix-in ideas
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Shell Ice Cream Topping