Make a batch of these quick and easy Lemon Chia Seed Mini Muffins today. These tiny, bite-sized muffins are filled with lemon flavor and a light, barely there crunch of chia seeds.
You’re going to love these light and fluffy lemon chia seed mini muffins. They make the perfect snack or on-the-go breakfast. Plus, making an entire batch will take you 30 minutes or less. Lemon zest is all you need for a burst of light and fresh lemon-y flavor. Chia seeds provide a light crunch, plus a boost of fiber, antioxidants, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Muffins are a fantastic recipe to start with if you are a beginner baker. A muffin recipe is broken down into 3 steps: combine dry ingredients, combine wet ingredients, and combine wet and dry ingredients together. It’s as simple as that! Once your wet and dry ingredients make contact, try to mix them as little as possible. The more you mix the gluten (once it’s wet), the tougher your muffins become. So, mix your wet and dry until they are barely combined.
Love mini muffins? Try my Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins – they’re equally as cute and easy to make!
Don’t want mini muffins? No problem! This recipe will make 24 mini muffins, or about 6-8 standard sized muffins. Bake for 18-22 minutes in a standard muffin pan.
Lemon Chia Seed Mini Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter or grease muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, chia seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add sugar, egg, milk, butter, and lemon zest. Mix until fully combined. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fill mini muffin tins halfway with batter. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean (or with crumbs, not batter).
- Allow pan to cool for 2-3 minutes before removing muffins. Store cooled muffins in a sealed container.