A quick and easy recipe for Cinnamon Muffins, and they’re made from scratch. These muffins are soft, moist, and filled with cinnamon flavor.
Cinnamon is one of my favorite spices, especially for breakfast. You’ll love these cinnamon muffins because you only need two bowls, a whisk, and some common baking ingredients for this recipe. The best part is that this recipe makes the softest, most tender cinnamon muffins ever. They’re so easy, you’ll be making them on repeat!
Muffins are a fun and easy way to get into baking. You don’t need any special kitchen appliances, like a stand mixer or a food processor. You don’t even need fancy colored or patterned cupcake papers to put into your muffin pan. This recipe can be made with just two bowls and a whisk. Grease and flour your muffin pan, and you’re ready to go.
Did you know that muffins are actually considered to be a quick bread? Quick bread is any type of bread that uses leavening agents like baking powder or baking soda, instead of using yeast, to rise. Considering this, pancakes, waffles, scones, cookies, and cakes are all considered to be quick breads.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter or grease muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, add sugar, oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix until fully combined. Add to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Fill muffin tins halfway with batter.
In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon for the topping. Sprinkle evenly over the muffin tins.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean (or with crumbs, not batter).
- Allow pan to cool for 2-3 minutes before removing muffins. Store cooled muffins in a sealed container.