Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins are the perfect on-the-go snack or bite sized dessert. Filled with mini chocolate chips and topped with turbinado sugar, these muffins are made from scratch and come together in a single bowl.
You’re going to love this recipe for Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins. It makes a small batch of 24 soft and moist mini muffins (trust me – they go quick!) and the batter comes together in a single bowl. No need to dirty all of your dishes today.
Best of all, I made this recipe using common, easy to find ingredients. You may already have what you need on hand!
Mini muffins make the perfect bite-sized snack. I like to have one after dinner if my sweet tooth is calling. They also pair perfectly with a cup of coffee in the morning.
Take a basket of these in to work, your coworkers will love you for it. Looking for more muffin recipes? I love my Fresh Blueberry Muffins, there’s nothing better than using fresh fruit in your baked goods!
I also love these Lemon Chia Seed Mini Muffins – so convenient to grab and go.
Although it is optional, I like to top my muffins with a sprinkling of turbinado sugar. When they bake, you’ll have a thin, crunchy sugar crust on top.
Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter or grease muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add sugar, eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla extract. Mix until fully combined. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until just combined. Last, add chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Fill mini muffin tins halfway with batter. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean (or with crumbs, not batter).
- Allow pan to cool for 2-3 minutes before removing muffins. Store cooled muffins in a sealed container.