Five Ingredient Vanilla Granola is a simple breakfast recipe that makes enough crunchy granola for the entire week. You only need five ingredients and 30 minutes of time to make this chewy, flavorful granola.
Granola is a fantastic breakfast to keep on hand for busy work weeks or hectic weekends. This five minute vanilla granola is so simple, you’ll wonder why you ever bought it at the store.
Plus, with only five ingredients, you know exactly what’s in your homemade granola. It’s satisfying making your own breakfast that’s ready to go all week long.
Pair this granola with yogurt and berries for a filling breakfast. Or, pour milk over a bowl of granola and enjoy like a breakfast cereal. You can even include this granola in your own trail mix, or eat it by the handful.
Ingredients and substitutions
For this recipe, you’ll need old fashioned oats, cinnamon, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
Old fashioned oats are recommended because they have a better texture for granola than quick cook oats, which are thinner and can be powdery. Quick cook oats will also take less time to bake, and I’ve included instructions in the recipe card for this.
Cinnamon could be substituted with apple pie spice or a Chai Spice Blend if you’re looking to add a different flavor to your granola.
Honey can be substituted with maple syrup or brown sugar.
This is a great go-to recipe for a basic, no frills granola. It goes well with any flavor of yogurt and it’s easy to make additions without the flavors clashing.
If you’re making a yogurt parfait, try adding bananas, raspberries, or chocolate chips with your granola.
Add granola to your next trail mix – add equal parts dried cranberries, almonds, and granola, then combine and enjoy.
You can also enjoy granola like a breakfast cereal – add to a bowl with milk and enjoy for breakfast.
Five Ingredient Vanilla Granola
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add oats and cinnamon. Stir to combine, then set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add oil and honey. Stir until coconut oil has melted and mixture has a thin consistency. Remove from heat, add vanilla and stir to combine. Pour over dry ingredients. Stir until dry ingredients are evenly coated.
- Pour mixture onto lined baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Place into oven and bake for 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on baking sheet. Granola will harden more as it cools. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Old fashioned oats are highly recommended, but quick cook oats will work in this recipe. They will take less time to cook, so I recommend baking for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Honey can be substituted with maple syrup or brown sugar.