Peanut butter honey granola is crunchy, filling, and filled with peanut butter flavor. Top your favorite yogurt with this easy to make granola, or eat it by the handful. Only slightly sweet, this granola is perfect for breakfast or midday snacking.
Granola makes a fantastic weekday breakfast. Top your morning yogurt with granola and berries for a healthy and filling breakfast.
Or, add milk and sliced bananas for an instant breakfast cereal. Eat a handful of granola as an afternoon snack when you’re on the go.
Peanut butter and honey granola is a simple granola recipe – a few ingredients go a long way. Plus, how fantastic are peanut butter and honey together?
While peanut butter is the main flavor in this granola, the honey provides just a bit of sweetness. The addition of cinnamon provides a hint of flavor and warmth.
What kind of oats to use
The best oats to use for this granola are old fashioned oats. They have the perfect texture and thickness, and are (in my opinion) a great all-around oat to keep on hand in your pantry.
If you only have quick-cook oats, they will technically work in this recipe, but your result may be slightly different. They may cook a little faster than old fashioned oats, so you’ll want to keep an eye on them in the oven.
Quick cook oats are thinner and more powdery than old fashioned oats, so your texture will be a little different as well.
On the other than, steel cut oats will take longer to cook than old fashioned oats. I have not tested steel cut oats with this recipe, so I can’t say for sure how it would turn out. If you give it a try, let us know in the comments below!
Baking your peanut butter and honey granola for 30 minutes will get you a crunchy granola with a little bit of chewiness.
If you like a very crunchy granola, try adding another 5 minutes to your baking time.
Your granola will continue to harden as it cools on the baking tray, so keep this in mind!
Peanut Butter Honey Granola
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup lightly salted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add oats, peanuts, and cinnamon. Stir to combine, then set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add peanut butter and honey. Stir until peanut butter is melted and ingredients are incorporated. Remove from heat, add vanilla and stir to combine. Pour over dry ingredients. Toss until evenly coated.
- Pour mixture onto lined baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Place into oven and bake for 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on baking sheet. Granola will continue to harden as it cools. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Old fashioned oats can be substituted with quick cook oats, but they will take less time to bake. Stir your quick cook granola after 10 minutes, and check them again at 20 minutes.