Peanut butter and honey granola is crunchy, filling, and rich with peanut butter flavor. Top your favorite yogurt with this easy to make granola, or eat it by the handful. Only slightly sweet, this granola is perfect for breakfast or midday snacking.
Granola is one of my favorite weekday breakfasts. One batch will make a hefty 8-10 servings, which will last you an entire week. Top your morning greek yogurt with granola and berries for a healthy and filling breakfast. Or, add milk and sliced bananas for an instant breakfast cereal. Sometimes I will eat a handful of granola as an afternoon snack when I’m on the go.
Peanut butter and honey granola is a simple granola recipe – a few ingredients go a long way. Plus, how fantastic are peanut butter and honey together? Almost as good as peanut butter and chocolate, in my opinion. While peanut butter is the main flavor in this granola, the honey provides just a bit of sweetness. The addition of cinnamon provides a hint of flavor and warmth.
I like for my granola to be crunchy, but not too crunchy. Baking for 30 minutes will get you a crunchy granola while still being a bit chewy. If you like a very crunchy granola, try adding another 5 minutes to your baking time. The granola will harden as it cools on the baking tray, so be patient when you remove it from the oven.
Peanut Butter and Honey Granola
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup lightly salted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add oats, peanuts, and cinnamon. Stir to combine, then set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add peanut butter and honey. Stir until peanut butter is melted and ingredients are combined. Remove from heat, add vanilla and stir to combine. Pour over dry ingredients. Stir until dry ingredients are evenly coated.
- Pour mixture onto lined baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Place into oven and bake for 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on baking sheet. Granola will harden as it cools. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.