Browned Butter Spiced Rice Krispies Treats are an easy no-bake recipe for fall. Just like a classic rice krispies treat, with the addition of browned butter and warm fall spices.
Fall has some of the best flavors, don’t you agree? These browned butter spiced rice krispies treats include some of my favorites – a caramelized brown butter, and warm fall spices like cinnamon.
The best part? These dessert treats are ready in less than 30 minutes, and require no baking!
If you’ve never had them before, rice krispies are a crispy, crunchy, puffed rice cereal. They are easy to incorporate into baking because they don’t have a strong flavor on their own.
With the addition of spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, as well as homemade browned butter, these treats are perfectly flavored for fall.
How to Make Browned Butter Spiced Rice Krispies Treats
Ready to make a batch of rice krispies treats? For this recipe, you’ll need a large saucepan and a 9×13 pan. You’ll want to lightly grease your pan, or line it with parchment paper.
For this recipe, you’ll need rice krispies cereal, unsalted butter, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and a bag of mini marshmallows.
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt your butter. Once melted, keep an eye on your butter but continue to cook it over medium heat for another 4-5 minutes.
Whisk your butter occasionally as it cooks. You’ll notice flakes of brown starting to form on the bottom of the pan. Once your butter begins to look golden brown and you have a good amount of lightly browned flakes, remove your butter from the heat.
Next, add your marshmallows, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Stir to combine and melt the marshallows.
When your marshmallows are mostly melted, add your rice krispies and fold to incorporate. Keep stirring (it will get tougher as you continue!) until your cereal looks evenly coated in marshmallow mixture.
Last, pour your mixture into your prepared 9×13 pan. Press down into an even layer, spreading your mixture all the way to the edges. Try using a spatula, or press down with a plastic bag covering your hands to prevent sticking.
Allow your bars to cool to room temperature, then slice and enjoy! Your rice krispies treats will keep for up to four days in a sealed container at room temperature.
More No-Bake Desserts
Looking for more no-bake dessert recipes? Here are a few of my favorites:
- Strawberry Rice Krispies Treats
- Scotcheroos Recipe
- Snickerdoodle Puppy Chow Snack Mix
- Sweet Holiday Chex Mix
Cinnamon Spice Rice Krispies Treats
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Line 9x13 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and stir constantly. Butter will begin to foam and boil. After 4 to 5 minutes you will see brown flecks appear in the bottom of the pan. Continue to stir until butter is golden and flecks are a medium brown color. Watch closely, butter will brown quickly. Process will take about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove butter from heat and add marshmallows, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Stir until marshmallows are almost completely melted. Add Rice Krispies cereal and stir until evenly coated.
- Using a spatula, press cereal mixture firmly into 9x13 pan. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Recipe can be made without browning the butter to save time. Simply melt your butter, then remove from heat and add your marshmallows as directed.
- Rice krispies treats will keep for up to four days in a tightly sealed container at room temperature. Treats are best enjoyed within the first 1-2 days of making.