Today I want to share with you my Cinnamon Spice Rice Krispies Treats. They’re just as easy as the classic recipe, with the addition of a caramel flavored browned butter and autumn spices.
As fall comes around each year, so do the endless pumpkin recipes. I love fall flavors, but sometimes I want a simple recipe without pumpkin. These rice krispies treats do not disappoint.
Browned butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg are all you need to make these amazingly fall cinnamon spice rice krispies treats.
I love all sorts of rice krispies treats. Check out my spring version, a Strawberry Rice Krispies Treats recipe, make with real strawberries. Yum!
If you’ve never browned butter before, it is an easy additional step. It’s as simple as warming butter in a saucepan.
If you’re not familiar with the process, this article will help with photographs of each step. Once your butter is completely melted, you will want to stir constantly as small flecks of brown develop at the bottom of the pan. This will only take you 5 to 7 minutes.
If you don’t have parchment paper, you can also butter your 9×13 pan instead. I also like to use a piece of wax paper to press the cereal mixture into the pan, keeping my hands clean.
Rice Krispies Treats are an easy and quick dessert and great for a last minute crowd. These bars are ready in less than 30 minutes and only require a few, simple ingredients.
Cinnamon Spice Rice Krispies Treats
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ten ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Line 9x13 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and stir constantly. Butter will begin to foam and boil. After 4 to 5 minutes you will see brown flecks appear in the bottom of the pan. Continue to stir until butter is golden and flecks are a medium brown color. Watch closely, butter will brown quickly. Process will take about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove butter from heat and add marshmallows, stirring until melted. Add cinnamon and nutmeg, stir to combine. Add Rice Krispies cereal and stir until completely coated.
- Using a spatula, press cereal mixture firmly into 9x13 pan. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.