Strawberry Rice Krispies Treats are a fun and fruity twist on the classic recipe you’ve known since childhood. The addition of strawberries is the only extra ingredient you’ll need to make these pink, gooey, marshmallow-filled treats.
Rice Krispies Treats are a classic recipe that the young and old alike will enjoy. You’ll love this recipe because it’s simple and and takes only minutes to make a batch.
The only ingredients you need are Rice Krispies cereal, butter, and marshmallows. My Strawberry Rice Krispies Treats take this classic to the next level with the addition of one simple ingredient – freeze-dried strawberries!
Freeze-dried strawberries are a great ingredient for baking. They’re easy to incorporate into recipes without changing the consistency of the baked good. Plus, they add tons of natural strawberry flavor!
Using a food processor, I ground the freeze-dried strawberries to a fine texture. You can also place them in a plastic bag and using a rolling pin, carefully crush the strawberries to your desired consistency.
My favorite part about using freeze-dried strawberries? No additional ingredients have been added. That pretty pink coloring comes from natural strawberries alone.
Plus, these treats turn out sweet, gooey, crunchy, and filled with fresh tasting strawberry flavor.
Strawberry Rice Krispies Treats
- 1 ounce freeze dried strawberries
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 5 3/4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Line 9x13 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a spice grinder or food processor, grind freeze dried strawberries into a powdery dust. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Remove butter from heat and add marshmallows, stirring until melted. Add Rice Krispies cereal and strawberry powder and stir until completely coated.
- Using a spatula, press cereal mixture firmly into 9x13 pan. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.