This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chorizo Stuffed Spaghetti Squash is an easy, low-carb, and flavorful meal for two. Spaghetti squash is roasted and filled with chorizo, peppers, and onions, then smothered in melted cheese.
Spaghetti Squash – nature’s pasta! Who doesn’t love it? These Chorizo Stuffed Spaghetti Squash bowls are a fun and surprisingly simple dinner. They are not only healthy, but low-carb too (if you’re into that kind of thing).
Never had spaghetti squash before? It’s much like chicken, in that it doesn’t have a strong flavor on its own. Instead, spaghetti squash takes on the flavor of whatever you add to the dish.
It doesn’t have a “squash flavor” like butternut or acorn squash. It really is like nature’s pasta!
That’s why I like to use chorizo in this dish. Chorizo is a spicy sausage that’s the perfect pairing for the mild flavor of spaghetti squash. Add in some bell peppers and onions, and we’ve got a flavor party.
Lastly, a good smothering of cheese on top is a must. Who doesn’t love cheese?
If you’re like me, you love a cheesy dinner recipe. Check out my Cheesesteak Style Sloppy Joes, for example.
I also have an endless amount of cheesy skillet meals, like my Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet Meal, Cajun Chicken and Spinach Parmesan Pasta Skillet Meal, and Southwest Beef and Rice Skillet Meal. Yum! Cheese for days.
Chorizo Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces chorizo casings removed
- 1/2 bell pepper diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Carefully slice spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scrape out seeds with a spoon. Drizzle both halves with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, then season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place squash cut side up on a baking sheet and roast for 40-45 minutes, or until insides easily pull away with a fork. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Using a fork, pull spaghetti squash flesh into loose "noodles", being careful to keep the outer skin intact (this will be your bowl).
- Meanwhile, in a saute pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Crumble chorizo into pan. Add diced bell pepper and onions. Saute until meat and is browned and cooked through, and vegetables are tender.
- Spoon half of chorizo mixture onto each spaghetti squash bowl. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and enjoy.
- Optionally, place spaghetti squash under your oven broiler for 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted and browned slightly.
Last Updated on