This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Skillet Meal is an easy and flavorful one pan meal. Shrimp and andouille sausage are sautéed with onions, peppers, and zucchini and seasoned with cajun spices.
I’m always on the hunt for new dinner ideas that are not only healthy, but quick. Bonus points if it’s flavorful and tasty enough to make again. You’re going to love my cajun shrimp and sausage skillet meal because it hits all three of my “musts” and is ready in 30 minutes or less.
I am a lover of skillet meals, one pan meals, one pot meals – whatever you’d like to call them. Any recipe that will only dirty a single pan to make an entire meal is my favorite.
Skillet meals are a must when it comes to weeknight dinners. Check out a few of my other skillet meals while you’re here, like my Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Skillet Meal or my Andouille Sausage and Tortellini Skillet Meal.
If you love cajun spices, try my Cajun Chicken and Spinach Parmesan Pasta Skillet Meal. All make excellent choices for your next weeknight meal.
Speaking of cajun spices, you’ll need some for this recipe. You can purchase a cajun seasoning blend at your local grocery store in the spice aisle.
I also have my own recipe right here – Cajun Seasoning. Making your own seasoning blend is fun and easy. Plus, you know exactly what you’re adding to your recipes, and can easily adjust them based on your own personal tastes.
I’m not a keto expert – but this recipe seems like it would make a great low-carb meal. You’re getting a healthy dose of veggies along with your protein-packed shrimp. Andouille sausage adds some fat – and plenty of flavor.
Do you love shrimp? I have an amazing recipe for Sautéed Garlic Butter Shrimp that’s a must try. It’s my favorite shrimp recipe – ever. Plus, it’s ready in 10 minutes.
I like to pair it with my Quick Parmesan Asparagus with Lemon Butter for a low-carb and healthy dinner.
Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Skillet Meal
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 8 ounces shrimp peeled and deveined with tails removed
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 8 ounces andouille sausage sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced sliced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt optional (omit if cajun seasoning includes salt)
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Once hot, add shrimp. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip. Cook for 1 more minute. Transfer shrimp to a plate, cover, and set aside.
- Add 1 more tablespoon of olive oil to pan. Add onion, bell pepper, and andouille sausage to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until sausage is browned and onions begin to turn translucent.
- Add zucchini, broth, cajun seasoning, and salt to pan. Stir to combine, scraping the bottom to deglaze pan if needed. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 4 minutes to steam vegetables.
- Remove lid and add shrimp to pan, stirring to incorporate. Remove from heat and serve.
Last Updated on