Make these Chocolate Sprinkle Monster Cookies for your next Halloween party. Chewy and moist chocolate cookies are rolled in sprinkles and resemble not-so-scary monsters.
Chocolate Sprinkle Monster Cookies will be the perfect addition to your next Halloween party tray. They are eye-catching (no pun intended), colorful, and filled with chocolate-y flavor. The best part is that they look like they take a lot of effort and time. In reality, they are quick and easy to make.
First, you’ll start with a basic chocolate cookie dough. This cookie is moist, chewy, and has a mild chocolate flavor. Not too rich – just right. I’d like to think of it as a milk chocolate cookie. If you’re not fond of sprinkles, you can stop here and have a fantastic chocolate cookie.
To turn your cookies into little monsters, you’ll roll your cookie dough balls in brightly colored sprinkles. Attach as many candy eyeball sprinkles as you’d like. Then, it’s time to bake! The jimmies and eyeball sprinkles hold up just fine in the oven. Feel free to get creative – use any colors you’d like… maybe attach pretzels as arms. The kids can help decorate their own monsters as a fun activity.
Chocolate Sprinkle Monster Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup jimmies sprinkles
- eyeball sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Beat for a full 3 minutes, mixture will look fluffy. Add milk and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk (or sift) together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Gradually stir dry ingredients into butter mixture until just combined.
- Cover bowl or wrap dough in wax paper. Chill for at 1 hour (up to 24 hours) in the refrigerator. Refrigerating will help the flavors meld and also create a firmer dough to roll into balls.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Scoop dough using a 1.5 tablespoon scoop or shape by hand into 1.5 inch balls. Roll balls in sprinkles and add eyeballs.
- Place cookie dough balls 2 inches apart onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies begin to crack on top. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.