Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Wands are a fun and whimsical candy treat. Pretzel rods are drizzled in a sweet peanut butter confection, coated in chocolate, and decorated with magical sprinkles and stars.
Halloween is coming, and you may be looking for a fun and unique candy treat for the kids. Chocolate peanut butter pretzel wands are an easy, no-bake confection that's perfect for your next party or weekend activity.
With the popularity of Harry Potter, princesses, and fairies, kids and adults alike are sure to enjoy these fun pretzel wands. Plus, it's easy for kids to help style or decorate their own - with your help.
Pretzel rods are swirled with a pipable and sweet peanut butter filling, then dipped in chocolate. Last, they're decorated with fun sprinkles and chilled until set.
For this recipe, you'll need:
- pretzel rods
- chocolate chips
- coconut oil
- peanut butter
- confectioner's sugar
I chose silver and gold sugar sprinkles, which I found in my local grocery store in the baking section.
The star sprinkles can be found at your local craft store (like Joann Fabrics or Hobby Lobby). If you have jimmies or nonpareils on hand, these also work well.
Making your magic wands
First, lay out the pretzel rods on a parchment lined cookie sheet. I let them roll to whatever side they wanted to lay naturally, then piped on the top side of each pretzel.
This way, the pretzels are less likely to roll over on your newly piped design. Simply hold the pretzel rod in one hand, then pipe on waves, zig-zags, or stripes. Gently lay them back on the baking sheet.
Then freeze for 15 minutes, or until peanut butter is firm.
For the last step, you'll need a tall, thin container, like a drinking glass. Melt your chocolate and coconut oil, and you're ready for dipping.
To best coat your pretzel rods, you may want to tip the glass slightly and roll the pretzel rod in the melted chocolate to coat all sides. Add sprinkles and decorations, then place in the refrigerator to harden.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Wands
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter
- ¼ cup confectioner's sugar
- 20 pretzel rods
- 1 and ½ cups chocolate chips, white or dark
- 4 teaspoons coconut oil, or vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and confectioner's sugar. Spoon into a plastic bag and cut off one corner, creating a piping bag. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay pretzel rods 1 inch apart, allowing pretzels to roll until they lay naturally. Carefully pipe peanut butter mixture onto the tops of each pretzel rod in a swirl or zig zag pattern, stopping about ⅔ of the way down each rod. Freeze baking sheet for 15 minutes, or until peanut butter is firm.
- In a tall, thin glass (like a drinking glass or highball glass), microwave chocolate and coconut oil in 30 second increments until melted. stir to combine.
- Dip each pretzel rod into the chocolate, making sure to cover all of the peanut butter swirls. If needed, tilt the glass slightly and roll the pretzel rod over the chocolate to coat all sides. Tap to remove excess chocolate. Place on baking sheet, peanut butter side up.
- Add sprinkles and decorations immediately, before chocolate dries.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes, or until chocolate has set completely. Serve and enjoy.
Leave a Reply