My recipe for Quick Parmesan Asparagus with Lemon Butter is so easy that you’ll be making it weekly. You only need four ingredients and 10 minutes to whip up this flavorful and fresh asparagus side dish.
What’s the best way to eat more veggies? Find some quick and easy recipes that are filled with flavor! I am loving my recipe for Quick Parmesan Asparagus with Lemon Butter.
You’ll be buying asparagus weekly to make this recipe over and over. It pairs well with grilled chicken for a healthy and low calorie meal, making it perfect for summer.
First of all, this asparagus comes together quickly. It’s ready in 10 minutes, which is no time at all when you’re talking about a homemade and fresh vegetable side dish.
Second, it’s absolutely filled with flavor! Using the right ingredients is key here. Fresh lemon zest is a must. Parmesan cheese is a must. Butter is a must (isn’t butter always a must?).
With these three simple ingredients, you’ll have a side dish that’s packed with fresh, tangy flavor.
Try some of my other quick and easy vegetable side dishes – Parmesan and Red Pepper Roasted Broccoli, Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts, and Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob with Seasoned Butter.
Quick Parmesan Asparagus with Lemon Butter
- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese freshly grated
- In a pan over high heat, bring water to a boil. Meanwhile, prepare your asparagus for blanching. Gently bend each asparagus spear until it breaks naturally. Discard the woody end, then slice remaining spear in half.
- Once water is boiling, add asparagus and blanch for 2-3 minutes (depending on thickness). Test with a fork for your desired firmness. Remove from heat immediately and drain.
- In a large bowl, add unsalted butter, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Add hot asparagus and allow butter to melt. Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.