This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Spring Vegetable Soup is a quick and flavorful soup filled with fresh seasonal ingredients. This hearty vegetarian soup is filled with cannellini beans, leeks, basil, asparagus, and other spring vegetables.
By the time spring arrives, I am itching for some fresh, seasonal ingredients. This spring vegetable soup is the perfect meal to showcase your favorite spring vegetables.
You may think that soup is better suited for winter, but this spring vegetable soup is light and filled with fresh flavor. Best of all, it’s ready in less than 30 minutes and made in a single pot.
Another one of my favorite vegetable soups is this Lentil and Basil Vegetable Soup. Equally as flavorful as my spring vegetable soup, but with a filling lentil base and warm cumin flavor.
Chopping fresh vegetables can be time consuming, but it’s satisfying creating a fresh meal from scratch. I personally use a Boos cutting board (affiliate link) – it’s large and has plenty of space for chopping multiple vegetables.
These cutting boards are made in the USA, so if you enjoy supporting American businesses, you may want to check them out.
I used cannellini beans in my spring vegetable soup. If you don’t have cannellini beans, any beans can be used in their place.
One ingredient that is a must for this recipe is fresh basil. Fresh herbs provide a superior amount of flavor to any recipe, compared to their dried counterparts. For this soup recipe, I would not recommend substituting with dried herbs.
Spring Vegetable Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 celery stalk sliced
- 1 leek, white part only sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 15 ounce can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh frozen peas thawed
- 1 cup asparagus cut into thirds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- In a stockpot over medium heat, add olive oil. Once warmed, add sliced carrots, celery, and leeks. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned. Add minced garlic, stir to combine. Cook for 1 additional minute.
- Add vegetable broth, beans, peas, asparagus, salt and pepper . Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, cover, reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes, or until vegetables and beans are heated through.
- Stir in chopped parsley and basil. Remove from heat, serve, and enjoy.