This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Puff Pastry Apple Tart is a quick, four ingredient dessert that comes together in minutes. Apples are tossed in a cinnamon-sugar mixture and layered on top of a buttery puff pastry, then baked in the oven.
I love nothing more than a quick, easy, and satisfying recipe. My goal with The Toasty Kitchen is to make quick and easy recipes, and to keep your kitchen stress-free.
This puff pastry apple tart is an excellent example, because it requires only ten minutes of prep, twenty minutes in the oven, and four ingredients. Honestly, you can’t get much better than that!
Granny smith apple slices are tossed in a cinnamon sugar mixture. Then, they’re layered on top of a sheet of puff pastry. After that, your tart is ready to bake.
Quick and Easy Apple Tart
This apple tart comes together quickly due to the use of puff pastry. I always keep a box (or two) of puff pastry in my freezer, because it’s so easy to use, and it thaws quickly.
If you’ve never used puff pastry before, It’s a must try. Puff pastry is usually found in the freezer section, either near the pie crusts or garlic bread. It comes in a box with two sheets inside.
They are simply sheets of premade dough that are ready to use out of the box. It’s similar to using a store bought pie crust (which I tend to use when I want to save time). Genius, right?
Puff Pastry Recipes
If you have puff pastry on hand but forget to thaw it – no worries. Puff pastry will completely thaw in about 30 minutes sitting on the counter. So pull out your puff pastry, preheat the oven, and prep your apples. Your puff pastry will be thawed in no time.
I love puff pastry so much, I’ve used it in several other quick and easy recipes. Check out my Quick 30 Minute Cinnamon Rolls or 30 Minute Lemon Sweet Rolls, which is probably my favorite use of puff pastry! Cinnamon rolls in 30 minutes – yes, really. Makes weekend breakfasts a breeze.
Apple Tart Presentation
I sliced my tart into six pieces, which to me seems like a nice serving size, similar to an apple pie slice. I could see this tart easily slicing into 9 squares as well, to serve as a smaller dessert or alongside something additional.
If you’d like to add something else to your tart try adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, or a dollop of whipped cream.
Your tart can be served warm or at room temperature, and even tastes good the next day after baking. Simply cover in a sealed container overnight – no need to refrigerate.
Puff Pastry Apple Tart
- 1 puff pastry sheet thawed
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Peel and core apples, then cut into thin slices. Toss apples in sugar mixture until evenly coated. Set aside.
- Unfold thawed puff pastry. Using a rolling pin, roll a few times each way to remove creases.
- Begin layering apple slices onto puff pastry, overlapping each other and leaving a 1" border around the edges. I was able to make three even rows with my apple slices, using large granny smith apples. (see photos)
- Place onto lined baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until puff pastry is lightly browned around edges and apples pierce through easily with a toothpick.
- Cool on a cooling rack until ready to serve. Can be served warm or at room temperature. Optionally, top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.