Pineapple Mint Lemonade is refreshing, light, and made with fresh-squeezed lemon juice. Serve it to the family at your next barbecue, or triple the recipe for a party. With a hint of cooling mint, this lemonade is a necessity on a hot day.
To me, there is nothing better than an ice-cold lemonade on a hot summer day. Today I decided to combine a few of my favorite flavors in this pineapple mint lemonade.
Freshly squeeze lemons are the star of the show, combined with subtly sweet pineapple juice. Then, it’s topped it off with a refreshing mint simple syrup – made with fresh mint leaves.
If there’s one note to make about this recipe, it’s that fresh ingredients are a must!
Lemon juice, freshly squeezed, has a much better taste than a lemon juice concentrate. If you don’t have a garden at home, grab a bundle of mint leaves on your next shopping trip.
I find them in the produce department of my local grocery store. Fresh ingredients make all the diffference in this recipe. Try it and let me know what you think in the comments below!
While this recipe is non-alcoholic and safe for the kiddos, you are welcome to make your own additions. My husband enjoyed his with a shot of bourbon mixed in (he said it reminded him of a whiskey sour). Your favorite clear liquor, like rum or vodka, would also work well.
I’ve you’re loving pineapple, try my most popular beverage recipe, the Pineapple Rum Slush. It can also be made without rum to share with the entire family.
Pineapple Mint Lemonade
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup mint leaves packed
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add granulated sugar, water, and mint leaves. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar dissolves. Lightly muddle mint leaves with a wooden spoon. Simmer for 1 minute, then remove from heat. Allow to steep until cooled, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add pineapple juice, lemon juice, and water to a pitcher.
- When cooled, pour simple syrup mixture through a sieve to remove mint leaves. Add to juice mixture and stir until well combined. Add more water as needed to achieve desired sweetness.
- Refrigerate, or serve over ice and enjoy. Optionally garnish with additional mint leaves and lemon wedges.