Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts are an easy side dish to pair with your next dinner. Brussels sprouts are coated in olive oil, spices, and parmesan cheese, then roasted in the oven.
You're going to love this recipe for oven roasted garlic parmesan brussels sprouts. It comes together with just a few minutes of prep, and is fantastic to pair with just about any main dish.
These brussels sprouts are coated in olive oil, then tossed with grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. With just a few ingredients, you'll have a vegetable dish that's filled with flavor and roasted to perfection in the oven.
Not a fan of brussels sprouts? It may be because you've never had a well seasoned and flavorful brussels sprout before. I suggest trying these oven roasted brussels sprouts before writing off these little veggies.
Preparing brussels sprouts
Brussels sprouts are surprisingly easy to work with, even if you've never cooked them before. First, you will want to rinse them off. Next, trim the hard stems on the bottom, removing any excess or brown parts. Usually this is a small amount, maybe ¼ inch.
Lastly, peel off any yellowing leaves and discard. If any extra leaves fall off, that's okay. You can roast these with the whole pieces.
If your brussels sprouts are very small, leave them whole. If you are preparing large brussels sprouts, slice them in half for a quicker cooking time.
Seasoning brussels sprouts
The most important part of cooking vegetables is the need to add flavor. Think of vegetables as a blank canvas. Adding salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese will bring tons of flavor to these otherwise plain brussels sprouts.
Want to add something extra? Crumble cooked bacon pieces on top before serving.
Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound brussels sprouts trimmed and halved*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. Add brussels sprouts and toss or stir to coat. Pour brussels sprouts onto parchment lined baking sheet and spread into a single layer. It's okay if some leaves fall off, they can be roasted as well.
- Roast brussels sprouts in the oven for 18-22 minutes, or until brussels sprouts are evenly browned. Flip halfway through with a spatula to ensure even browning.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- *If your brussels sprouts are small, you may want to leave them whole. For medium to large brussels sprouts, slice them in half for quicker cooking in the oven.