No Churn Christmas Cookie Ice Cream is a must make dessert this holiday season. Creamy vanilla ice cream is filled with crumbled sugar cookies, white chocolate pieces, sprinkles, and a hint of cinnamon.
This no churn ice cream captures your favorite cookie flavors of the holiday season. Crumbled sugar cookies, along with chopped white chocolate, festive sprinkles, and a hint of cinnamon - you're going to love this Christmas cookie ice cream!
The best part about no churn ice cream? It only takes about 10 minutes of prep! After that, you'll need just a bit of patience while your ice cream freezes.
Serve this Christmas cookie ice cream during the holidays as a dessert, for a holiday movie-night snack, or any time your sweet tooth calls.
Ingredients and substitutions
Crumbled sugar cookies can include any cookies you have on hand. I used some leftover, unfrosted, soft sugar cookies. Anything that's not overly sweet would be a perfect choice, since the ice cream and white chocolate already add a good amount of sweetness. Vanilla wafers or graham crackers could also be used.
Sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream are the two musts of this recipe. They are the base of this ice cream and the recipe will not work without both of these ingredients.
Heavy cream cannot be substituted with any other dairy products like half & half or milk. Heavy cream has enough milkfat to whip into whipped cream, which is why it is necessary for this recipe. For more information, check out my post on how to make homemade whipped cream.
Vanilla extract could be substituted with peppermint extract to make a peppermint cookie ice cream.
If you can't find bars of white chocolate at the store, white chocolate chips can be chopped into small pieces instead.
What size pan do I need?
For this recipe, I recommend using a 9x5 loaf pan because it is the perfect size for one batch of no churn ice cream. However, a loaf pan is not required.
Any size pan that is freezer safe and holds at least 6 cups will work for this recipe. Try using a square or rectangular tupperware container with a lid for easy storage.
If you don't have any 6 cup containers on hand, pour your ice cream into several smaller containers. The pan size and shape doesn't really matter for this recipe, as long as your ice cream is frozen quickly after preparing.
How long does homemade ice cream take to freeze?
The time needed to freeze your homemade ice cream will depend on a few factors: how cold your freezer is and the size and shape of your container. When prepared in a 9x5 loaf pan, my homemade ice cream freezes solid in about 4 to 5 hours.
Freezers, just like stoves and refrigerators, can run slightly warmer or colder depending on the brand and settings. Your ice cream can also take longer to freeze if it is set towards the front of the freezer instead of the back (where it is colder).
To help your ice cream freeze faster, try separating your prepared ice cream into two smaller containers instead of one large loaf pan.
No Churn Christmas Cookie Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup crumbled sugar cookies
- 2 ounces white chocolate finely chopped or grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar sprinkles red and green
- In a large bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks are achieved, about 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, add sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Stir to fully combine.
- Gently fold whipped cream into milk mixture until just combined. Add cookie pieces and white chocolate. Fold gently into cream mixture.
- In a 9x5 loaf pan (or other 6 cup container), layer ⅓ of ice cream mixture. Add ⅓ of sprinkles in an even layer. Repeat twice more ending in a layer of sprinkles on top. Optionally, top with more cookies or white chocolate. Cover and immediately freeze for 4-5 hours or until firm. Enjoy!
- Crumbled sugar cookies can be substituted with crumbled vanilla wafers or graham crackers. Choose a cookie that is not too sweet.
- Homemade ice cream will keep for up to 2 months in the freezer in a tightly sealed container.