This Greek Yogurt French Onion Dip is a delicious and healthy alternative to your store bought dip. Using greek yogurt significantly reduces the fat and increase the protein in this dip, so you won’t feel guilty loading up your veggies or chips. It’s easier than you think to make your own at home.
I like to enjoy this french onion dip with celery, carrots, or even pita chips.
The most important part about using greek yogurt in this recipe is to use a yogurt that you actually like. If you don’t like the texture or taste of any greek yogurt, feel free to substitute with sour cream instead. While this is not a healthy alternative, it still makes a tasty french onion dip you’ll enjoy.
Greek Yogurt French Onion Dip
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onion finely chopped
- 2 cups plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon worchestershire sauce
- In a saute pan over medium-low heat, add olive oil. Then add onions and saute until caramelized and golden brown, about 25-30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine greek yogurt, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and worchestershire sauce. Stir in sauteed onions.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours prior to serving, to allow flavors to meld.